Ordering Carpet!!!

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

Ordering Carpet!!!

Post by meetthespeakers »

--REVIEW BELOW--

Help guys, I just ordered carpet and I ordered the "standard" length which is 177"s. I have a 1998, do I want the "extended" version of that is 187"s? I thought there was only one length after 96, so I assumed it was the standard size. But maybe they messed it up on there ordering form. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can call them asap and get the correct one. Thanks-J
Last edited by meetthespeakers on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
1993 Astro, 1973 Austin Mini Clubman Estate, 1980 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: Ordering Carpet!!!

Post by Rebel »

If I'm not mistaken,,the carpet for our vans is all the same other than length. So your carpet would be the item number for extended.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

93 or maybe 94 was the last yr for the shorty option,after that they were all extended as "standard" get your tape out and measure what your van is.

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

you'll want the extended length. not standard. it's a mess up with their form.... by default when you pick astro/safari it'll ask which length, not based on year.
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

I will tell you guys how the quality turned out. I ordered all black carpet, and it's made by ACC carpet, engine cover, passenger and cargo area. I'm gonna take everything out and dynamat the entire floor, possibly the walls while i'm at it. Should be a fun weekend project. Plus I am gonna dye parts of the interior black.

blk lt awd
I sleep in my van

Post by blk lt awd »

sweet, can't wait for the update on this one......this was one of the companies i was looking at to order from......do post what the quality is like......especially the backing..... :guitar:
1995 Black LT AWD
2000 Ninja ZX-6R
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege (spicy)
1961 Impala...gone but not forgotten.

http://www.propertystation.ca/

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

--REVIEW--

-ACC Black Carpet
-Fat Mat Sound Deadener

So Friday night after work I started taking out all the interior, side panels, carpet, etc. By about 7:30pm that night I started laying out the Fatmat on the floor and sides of the van. Woke up early Saturday and installed the carpet, and put everything back together. Total Time: 9 HOURS

The ACC Carpet is a nice piece, it comes somewhat pre-molded, and its backed with insulation. You do have to of course cut out holes for the seats, and trim excess material on the sides. The "Cargo" piece fit great, the front piece of carpet was extremely big... it just meant more trimming. The entire set came also with replacement engine cover and wheel wheel covers. The stock carpet definitely fits the front section better, but the after-market piece is not bad, and probably with time it will mold better to the wheel-wells, etc.

I really have to say Fatmat really turned out to be a great product for the money. I thought it felt better than Dynamat by far and at the time when I bought it 2 years ago it was a 1/3 the price. I got a huge roll of this stuff, and it felt alot more flexible, and stickier, and it came also with the aluminum looking surface like the Extreme dynamat. The supplied a exacto knife and a roller (Which I ended up breaking at the very end due to it being made out of plastic).

So once everything got put back together it looks great, and sounds a little better inside the cabin. Stereo seems to have a little more kick, and overall the outside noise sounds less. I will say this, I will be happy not to do this again anytime soon! I was sweating my ass off!

blk lt awd
I sleep in my van

Post by blk lt awd »

pics, pics, pics :bounce:

so the carpet kit came in three pieces or two...if i'm understanding correctly........
1995 Black LT AWD
2000 Ninja ZX-6R
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege (spicy)
1961 Impala...gone but not forgotten.

http://www.propertystation.ca/

violent b
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by violent b »

pics would be great.

so do any aftermarket carpet companies make a carpet set that is pre-molded that fits like the factory? My biggest concern is having a wrinkle or two in the carpet especially around some of the corners.
The Midget and Monkey madman!

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

violent b wrote:pics would be great. so do any aftermarket carpet companies make a carpet set that is pre-molded that fits like the factory? My biggest concern is having a wrinkle or two in the carpet especially around some of the corners.
It really didn't fit bad, the only thing I didn't like was the drivers wheel-well area. Other than that I didn't use there supplied wheel-well covers for the rear either (It def did not look like it was gonna fit like factory). Other than that it really did fit nice. I have no wrinkles and the corners look sharp.
blk lt awd wrote:pics, pics, pics :bounce: so the carpet kit came in three pieces or two...if i'm understanding correctly........
I should know better... of course pics when I can. The kit comes in a few pieces, just like the factory carpet does. 2 main pieces. 1 for the front, one for the rear. Then it comes with the 3 pieces for the engine cover, and 2 pieces for the 2 rear wheel-wells.

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Got this job ahead of me but will have to use carpet off a roll since I'm covering the step area on driver and passenger side.
You mentioned that you didn't use the rear wheel well pieces. If they are gray, would you be interested in selling them ?
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

Rebel, the wheel-well covers are black. But if you want them... let me know.
-J

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Nope,,sorry but thanks for the offer. Mine is gray and the rear wheel well area is about the only area I think I might have trouble covering. In fact, I know it would be a problem with carpet from a roll with no preforming. Thanks again and yep post some pics when ya can.

VIDEO

s10-den
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by s10-den »

How much did the carpet set you back if ya dont mind?
94 Astro cargo EXT----Bought specifically to mod!!Will be tbi 350 v8 and new front end conversion
Done so many v8 s10's their old news

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

I want to say it was around $250 free shipping off ebay from 1Aauto. Just make sure you get the right length. If you got anymore questions fire away.