Has anyone tried RXP fuel additive?

Topic author
Detectorist
I get chills without my van.

Has anyone tried RXP fuel additive?

Post by Detectorist »

It's manufactured locally in my neck-of-the-woods and seems to have some credibility. My local newspaper (St.Petersburg Times) had a big write up on it today...

Check it out:

http://www.rxp.com/master.htm

http://www.rxp.com/department_of_transp ... esults.htm

John
2000 White Astro Van 2WD
64000 miles
Everything stock

Hotroder383
I get chills without my van.

Re: Has anyone tried RXP fuel additive?

Post by Hotroder383 »

Hmmm not heard of it before.But I am always leary of these things, as my dad always said "if its too good to be true...."
93 GMC Safari SOLD stilll see her drivein around every so often =/

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Has anyone tried RXP fuel additive?

Post by kings-x59 »

lucas oil has something similar. I think it's nothing more than acetone, maybe some toluene and a bit of synthetic motor oil.
If you can find pure acetone, you could mix your own. (don't use the stuff they sell at the drug store) A bit of lubrication from the top side is a good thing. Decarbonizing the engine is a good thing as well. I suspect this is where most of the "mileage" gain comes from. Acetone cleans the injectors as well. There's tons of stuff on the internet about the purported benefits of adding small amounts of acetone to your gas. I use the Lucas oil gas treatment periodically to clean my injectors. I've used seafoam as well. The Lucas oil additive makes claims about increase gas mileage, but I can't say I've seen a reportable increase in mileage. The Lucas oil stuff runs 5 bucks a bottle. I'd have to see a 20 mile increase in mileage per tank of gas just to break even.
But, ya never know till ya try. Buy a bottle and road test it.
With gas prices the way they are, the snake oil salesmen are frothing at the mouth.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....