governor

Topic author
92astro
I finally get the smurf thing

governor

Post by 92astro »

is there a speed govenor on a 1992 astro? cause my speedo goes to 85 or 90 and the needle keeps going past that point where it disappears so i don't know what the top speed would be? this is a stock astro.
bryan in oklahoma i have a 1992 chevy astro with 174,000 miles runs and drives very good with a couple of issues nothing major future mods: 350 smallblock v-8 simple and easy!!, tach, rims and others!!current mods:15%tinted windows

lockdoc
I sleep in my van

Re: governor

Post by lockdoc »

There is no limiter. You will know how fast you are going when the cop tells ya!
Current:
01 AWD - Stock
98 AWD - Stock
Past:
93 4WD - 305 V8 - 5" lift - 31" tires
98 4WD DHC - 10" lift - 33" tires - Onboard air and Hydraulics - Snowplow
92 RWD - 350 V8 - lowered - 97 front clip
92 RWD - 350 V8 - converted to AWD - V6
91 AWD - 350 V8 - conversion van
94 RWD - 350 V8 - sons van
92 RWD - stock - sons van
93 RWD Shorty - project
89 RWD Shorty - parts van

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

It's GM's subtle way of letting you know it's not safe to drive it any faster.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

Ask Chops how fast an astro can go :poke: O:) My 89 had the digital dash and the wife was running it down the highway one day at 95mph. ( I wasn't too happy about that)
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

Kidhauler wrote:Ask Chops how fast an astro can go :poke: O:) My 89 had the digital dash and the wife was running it down the highway one day at 95mph. ( I wasn't too happy about that)
Yup, but Chops has a v8. The only reason he knew he was going that fast is because the cop told him.
Were you riding shotgun? When anyone asks if I have a license to "back seat drive" I tell 'em, as a matter of fact I do, it's called a birth certificate, and I don't plan on punching out the clock anytime soon!
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....