i need some idea pics of your custom interiors

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

i need some idea pics of your custom interiors

Post by skippy »

Hey guys , I'm going to be redoing the interior of my 95 conversion van . I'm torn between turning it into a camping van with the bed in the back with storage under or just putting the 2nd row captians chairs back just before the wheel wells which gives me more leg room & still have room for storage behind the seats as well . (did this in my 90 cargo & loved it )
i'm going to be pulling a camper with it for long weekends or extended stay camping trips . but thought it might be nice to leave the camper home if we're just going for a day or 2 .

can you guys that have done a custom set up show me a few pics of your rigs so maybe i can get a few ideas ?
thanx skippy
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

s10-den
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: i need some idea pics of your custom interiors

Post by s10-den »

No pic Skip, but, I'm going to get some 1/4 inch underlayment,sand it smooth,clear coat it, and do the entire inside of my cargo.My brother is a Master carpenter,so I'll actually stupervise(lol)It will be a little bit befor I get to that part, but might give you an idea or two...just thought I would throw it out there
94 Astro cargo EXT----Bought specifically to mod!!Will be tbi 350 v8 and new front end conversion
Done so many v8 s10's their old news

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

sounds nice , get some pics & show us the progress . we LOVE pics around here !! :D :D :D
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

mattblackratbus

Post by mattblackratbus »

Hi Skippy, heres a few pics of a lttle conversion i'm working on right now, i dont need to sleep in my van so i wont be building in any beds, if i did need to sleep in it a could use a sleeping bag i guess...the front cab is just mocked up for now i need to make a table top and fab up some frame work for the mid seats. In the rear of the van is my storage area and portaloo, i could put a camping stove on the rear shelve, although i'm thinking of makeing a folding shelve to fit on one of the dutch doors then i could cook outdoors under the canapy of the rear hatch. I will post more pics as i progress if you like....Johnny

Last edited by mattblackratbus on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

wow looks great john !!! yeah keep the progress pics coming . thanx . i like the storage ideas for the back .

DAILY THOUGHT:

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

John,,really like that lay out. Very nice work.

Good luck Skippy on the project.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

mattblackratbus

Thanks Skippy, Rebel....its my 1st go working with wood/mdf i prefer metal......Skippy do you want me to keep posting here or start a new thread, dont want to hijack your post :swords: ....Johnny

T.Low

Post by T.Low »

Looks great, mate. Thats going to be sweet.

Here's my dream camping interior. Just emailed Safari Condo for plans and a materials list, hope they respond.
02sm.jpg
03sm.jpg
05sm.jpg
I've spent 21 nites camping in my Astro this season, mostly using my TommyTech prototype interior. One thing I realized right away is that the bed needs to be low enough for good head room while sitting upright, and high enough to store my tool box underneath. The buy storage bins that fit underneath for food, kitchen items, camping gear, etc.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2355
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Just to give you guys some ideas, this is a full size Chevy van that comes into my shop for servicing, and I took these pics because my van is also gonna be a tailgate, party, camping, tow van. I hope that these give you some ideas....

`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

T.Low

Post by T.Low »

Looks like a Sportsmobile with the RB50 floorplan (the basic Westphalia floor plan.) yeah, those are sweet, SoCali. I've always had the idea of building a Mini Me Sportsmobile. I really like the way the Astro drives and off roads, so I just don't want a full size van.
ImageImageImageImage

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Although my good SoCal friend is not around here too much anymore, Glenn W has a bitchin` tailgating, party and camping van that is beautiful and functional.... We often meet at the dragraces tailgate, barbyQ, drink beer and crank the sounds, his van is a chick magnet.... :supz:

Our AstroSafari meet here in LA, thats my fugly "under construction" van on the end.... ( we prefer white here, because it reflects the heat )

Jus` kickin` it at the Dragraces with my fellow SoCal Astro buddies....

`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

thanx guys , these pics are awesome & have my brain in overdrive !!! lol

johnny if you want to track your progress on this post , thats fine with me . :supz: :supz:

DAILY THOUGHT:

T.Low

Post by T.Low »

FLoorplans for full size regular box; ideas to scale down, anyway.

http://www.sportsmobile.com/1_std-rb-plans.html
ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

Thanx Tlow for that site !!! so many ideas !! now i wish i had a hightop van . :muhaha: :muhaha:

DAILY THOUGHT:

mattblackratbus

skippy wrote:thanx guys , these pics are awesome & have my brain in overdrive !!! lol

johnny if you want to track your progress on this post , thats fine with me . :supz: :supz:

Thanks Skippy, thought it only polite to ask 1st, i will keep ya posted.....Johnny