Performance headers?

Topic author
violent b
I finally get the smurf thing

Performance headers?

Post by violent b »

Does anyone make performance headers for our Astro/Safari's? I've searched around and didn't come up with anything. I got the standard 4.3 Vortec in my 95 and my stock headers look like crap and need to be replaced.
The Midget and Monkey madman!

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Performance headers?

Post by kings-x59 »

they are hard to come by for the older 4.3 liter van engines. I had a thought while half asleep the other day about it. headers are nonexistent for my '89. But I mused...I wonder if headers for a 350 v8 just happen to have the same exhaust port spacing and bolt hole dimensions???? I've seen headers for 89 V8s. maybe I could just saw off the front tube and weld it closed. voila, headers for my V6! I know, I was dreaming..coupla beers played in there somewhere too :cheers:
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

V6 Performance headers are available, but they are expensive......
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

COMP
I am smitten with my van

Post by COMP »

find anything ??

mazade
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by mazade »

If you're ambitious... or good friends with your exhaust/muffler/metalwork guy, purchase some s-10 headers for the same year that you're looking to put em onto... With ours we ended up only having to cut one pipe on each side, tweak the positioning a little bit and then re-weld the tube. No doubt if you go for something like ceramic headers you're probably going to want to bend things instead of cut... if that doesn't compromise the ceramic surface :poke:
Our situation was with an '86 rwd.. just for what it's worth.
'86 Astro 99% finished on the modding