Rollerman

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Water Boy
I sleep in my van

Rollerman

Post by Water Boy »

Roller skates were invented in 1760. And the concept hasn’t changed much since then. Put the wheels inline, and you’ve got Rollerblades. Stick them to a board, and you’ve got skateboarding. That’s pretty much it.

Meet French designer Jean-Yves Blondeau. He’s invented the Buggy Rollin’ suit. It’s a suit that attaches wheels to every part of the body. All the major joints, chest and back become roller skates. This allows one to travel in almost any position.

This strange contraption has earned Blondeau the name Rollerman.

But Blondeau isn’t satisfied cruising sidewalks. He takes his suit to the extreme. He’s recorded a top speed of nearly 70 mph. He puts that speed to use in this video. You’ll see him rocket down a twisting road in the Swiss Alps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCCrpVB5bFc

This is not as good of movie but is in Pallos Verde but does have some very closeup views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve15rZvRlfI
I was told getting my beauty sleep was a waste of time.

1990 Astro (Z motor) mostly original @ 343,584 miles (552,944.8488960001 Canadian) (03/2008). Bad startup puff. Starting to spray for skeeters. Gone 06/07/08.
1993 Astro with a bad W motor. Parked next to a chicken coop in Talking Rock GA
I'm 'tween Canton and Holly Springs (North NorthWest of Atlanta GA)
I haul bottled water everyday- between 500 and 2500 pounds (226.796185 and 1,133.980925 Canadian) INSIDE the van.

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: Rollerman

Post by Rileysowner »

Wow!
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Unreal. Wonder what's next for this guy.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

afsigma21
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by afsigma21 »

Stopping could suck!

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Cool, the dudes on the bike must have thought WTF!! LOL :supz:

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

How wild is this? Unbelieveable.
I wondered how he stopped--I watched one of the many videos and saw him slow to do a swooping turn where he jumped to his feet. Sure can't imagine him doing that at 60 mph.
I see that he's wearing a helmet that has a chin guard. I can sure understand the need for that but what would happen if he let his chin drop accidentally while flying low? If that chin guard ever touched and got pulled into the pavement, his helmet's forehead area would be next. Bet that would be tough on the neck muscles. Maybe he needs a small wheel on the bottom of the chin guard.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.