Tropical Storm Fay

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Tropical Storm Fay

Post by Smiliesafari »

Batten down the hatches all of you Florida Astrosafarians. It looks like we're going to get wet and a little wind blown. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

astronut74
I sleep in my van

Re: TS Fay

Post by astronut74 »

It looks like we're going to get wet and a little wind blown.
And hopefully not much more! Good luck to those in SW Florida. And to think I wanted to head over to Fort Meyers this week.
Steve O

94 2WD Astro EXT
179,000 miles and counting
Going from an 8 seater to a 4 seater

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

You guys hang in there. Missed all the weather reports this weekend so haven't a clue how bad you guys will be hit. Any way,,,if it ever gets real bad down there, head to the 96, we'll put ya up for a time.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

Our very own DumbLady is right in the path. I told her to head for the high ground before I realized that there is NO high ground in Flahdah.
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I can just see her now, hurricane blowing strong and our DL laying on her air mattress in the pool nursing some tropical exotic mixture. Not a care care in the world. Or did she pack up the babies and grab the old lady and head further north to Brother Love's traveling salvation show ?
Where has she been lately ?
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

I'm here, Mr Larry Rebel!! Hi everyone! :bounce:

Been busy with my oldest daughter visiting. We've been going through old pixes together, and I have ZILLIONS of oldies to put in albums.

The storm has veered to the east a little, so it won't be too bad. I was out this afternoon taking pictures around the yard just in case. Hopefully nothing will happen though.

Good luck Florida peeps & everyone in Fay's path.

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Vanutty
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by Vanutty »

Still witing for it make landfall south of where I'm at. So far, just a little gusty and light rain here.

After going thru Charley and Wilma, this is a "breeze" :D.
2000 Astro

"Coach, how do you feel about your teams execution today?"
- Reporter
/ Tampa Bay Tribune

"I'm all for it."
- Coach John McKay, Tampa Bay Buccaneers '76-'84

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Glad to see it missed you guys. [-o< [-o<
Mark had initially advised me that he was battening down the hatches (in Cape Coral) and I was quite worried. 8-[
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Well.........it never reached "Hurricane" status. \:D/ We're going to get some rain and wind. Big surprise :yikes: .......we get that every afternoon in the summer anyway. Of course the media gets everyone in panic mode. ](*,)
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Of course the media gets everyone in panic mode.
:muhaha: Know what ya mean Skip. Was listening to Greta on Fox last night and she said Fay was BLASTING the Fl. coast. Looked at Susan and we both got a kick out of that. Blasting at 60MPH. :muhaha: 60's kite flying weather for ya'll but they like to really build it up just hoping for a little damage or enough surge to stand in wearing their rain gear for the broadcast. :rolleyes:

VIDEO

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Looks like the golly-gosh-darn thing may by-pass us altogether now! We really wanted the rain to fill up the lakes in our area. Oh well. I just hope none of us get any of those pesky tornadoes they're always going on about here.

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Glad you guys are ok down there DL. Kind of funny,,wasn't any big deal for ya'll any way. Just a little wind and rain. Like Skip said,,that's an every day thing down your way but ya know how the news folks get that big rush over a little bad weather.

Bet ya didn't even have to bring the pink plastic Flamingos in out of the weather. :muhaha:

VIDEO

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

She wouldn't use anything as tacky as pink plastic flamingos. She uses Seagulls instead.

She COULD be up here. Right now, it's 102 outside with 9% humidity and NOT A HURRICANE IN SIGHT.
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

astronut74
I sleep in my van

Post by astronut74 »

This is about the only thing that gets me concerned with these "lightweight" storms:
http://www.wesh.com/video/17235863/index.html
This was about 20 minutes south of me. I can deal with the heavy rain, or the wind, but tornadoes are just to darn unpredictable!
Steve O

94 2WD Astro EXT
179,000 miles and counting
Going from an 8 seater to a 4 seater

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Excuse me?? SEAGULLS?? Yuck! NEVER!! I LOVE my PINK Flamingos & stuff!! AND I'll have you know Captain I did take them in yesterday. My daughters all chipped in & got those for me for Mothers Day a few years back. I think it was to give their Dad a good jab too, as he hates the things. Two birds with one stone. :yawinkle:

I misplaced my Pink Flamingo lights some time ago, Mr Rebel. I put them away for Christmas & now I can't find them anywhere!! My oldest daughter got me those 3 years ago. They were BEAUTIFUL!

We had zippo for rain from this thing ALL DAY... So now, I decided to go in the pool for an after-dinner swim & BAM!! It's starts raining. We're getting a few heavy downpours now & I'm scared it may lightning out, so no swim for me. :cry:

It must be raining like mad where you're at, Mr Smiley. Melbourne area got lots of rain too.
That storm is just sitting there raining hard on the central counties...

I'm scared of Tornados too, Mr nut. Good luck & be safe everyone.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K