Rear door stop part# required

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
astroshepawd
I am smitten with my van

Rear door stop part# required

Post by astroshepawd »

Firstly I apologise for the poor pic (blown up from a larger one)
Does anyone know if there is a part # for this small piece of plastic which is attached to rear door hinges or even its correct name. Search as I might I cannot find any information for them.
Shep
Attachments
P1010038.jpg
P1010038.jpg (10.54 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
'98' AWD 4" lift and very basic (it has to work for a living).

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: Rear door stop part# required

Post by Rebel »

Not sure but when I swapped my rear doors I never put those back on. Actually never really spent the time to figure out what they do other than maybe keep water out of the hinge. May have another purpose but don't know what that would be.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

mattblackratbus
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by mattblackratbus »

I pulled one of mine off the hinge today and had a look, its just a plastic buffer so when the door is let off its check strap it dont blow back and stress the hinge.....hey Rebel since you dont use them maybe you could send them to Shep :poke: :muhaha: ....Johnny

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

.....hey Rebel since you dont use them maybe you could send them to Shep ....Johnny
Wish I could but long gone I'm afriad.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

6spd_monte
I sleep in my van

Post by 6spd_monte »

Something could probably be found at Ace hardware or a similar store that would get the job done.
-James

1987 LT
249,000 miles

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

Sounds like time for a JY visit.
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

Shep, I'm junking an '88 Astro. If you like, I'll check out these plastic bumpers and see if they are okay. If they are, I can send them to you.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

They are just a plastic buffer slip Shep...... > not really necessary unless you are building a "show van" ...... Which I think Not ....>> on your "Beautiful Tropical Island", on the South Coast of England...... haha!

CoooL to see you here M8.... One of my fellow British Buddies..... > we have All your answers here, No need to be a Stranger.... Ask All you want
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Topic author
astroshepawd
I am smitten with my van

Post by astroshepawd »

Thanks for all the reply's men.
I do know for what purpose they serve, the ones on my van have completely worn flat with constant use without the checkstraps hitched up. I considered that I could pick some up in Canada when we come over next month and to mail a parts shop in advance with a part #, but alas this part appears to have no #, maybe they are part of the hinge pin kit.
Rob, if your old ones are serviceable then yes I would be interested in them, let me know.
Thanks again
Shep
'98' AWD 4" lift and very basic (it has to work for a living).

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

Shep, I removed them from my 88 Astro. All four are usable, though obviously not new. The hinge side of each one is a bit discolored with rust. Of course, that part isn't visible when the bumpers are in place.
PM me your address and I'll send them to you. Sure won't cost much for postage--these things weigh practically nothing.
Or, if you like, I'll check with the local Chevy dealer here and see if I can get new ones, but I suspect if you couldn't get a part number I probably won't be able to, either. Worth a try, though.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.