remember these Rebel???

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
TheChopFather
Retired
Retired

remember these Rebel???

Post by TheChopFather »

I just joined a car club here in cleveland and when I was installing my car plaque I remembered a post by Larry about club plaques hanging off the rear bumper by chains and draging on the ground as you pulled out of the local burger joint.

we are having our annual club picnic on sun I definately get some pics if I can
ISN'T HE SO SEXY IN HIS PRETTY WHITE DRESS???LOL

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: remember these Rebel???

Post by Smiliesafari »

I think all of us "old timers" remember those. Here in Orlando the club is called The Early Irons. They hold a huge event every year in the spring. It fills the entire infield at the Daytona Int'l Speedway. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Oh yea,,old school for sure. Might even get a spark or two on the pavement if you hit it just right. Good ol days.
Thanks for posting Dennis

Some of you have seen this before but thought I'd repost for some of the new guys. Ran across this in Florence, Al. before we moved. Had just about all the goodies on it.

It was a flawless build from top to bottom.

Peter,,asked you before,,guess the Coasters were one of the old Canadian clubs,,,right ???
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

Smiliesafari wrote:I think all of us "old timers" remember those. Here in Orlando the club is called The Early Irons. They hold a huge event every year in the spring. It fills the entire infield at the Daytona Int'l Speedway. \:D/

Nope not me. :^o Never seen that before. 8-[ [-( [-( :muhaha:
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Gary....There's a pelican perched on your nose. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

i noticed the GoodGuys rod & custom sticker on that car Larry , i'll bet it will be at the GoodGuys show this weekend in Rhinebeck NY At the fairgrounds .
wish i waas going to it but unfortunatly the wife has other plans for me . :cry: :cry: :cry:
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

uncle-vinny
I am smitten with my van

Post by uncle-vinny »

On labor day weekend they have a huge classic car show in Parsippany NJ called Lead East. It was fantastic. They must have had a thousand cars. It ran 4 days. They had a lot of stock cars from the 50's and 60's. They also had a nice collection of custom cars. Two of the highlights were a 1968 Mustang with a V12 Jag engine with 6 two barrels. They also had a 1934 Ford pickup with a blown hemi in the rear bed completely chromed. It was a good show.

Vinny

:guitar: :guitar: