Soff Seal

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Soff Seal

Post by GEJ »

Soff Seal is a company for weather stripping.I asked them what parts they had for Astro's.They emailed me back that they carry the passenger and drivers door seals.Cost is $100.60 per pair for anyone interested.Soff Seal in located in Ohio.They likely have more seals than what they emailed me back with interchange seals or subs.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

astronut74
I sleep in my van

Re: Soff Seal

Post by astronut74 »

Yeah, but who, besides the dealer, carries the barn door weather stripping? I can get the front door weather stripping at autozone (or at least they carried it last year) There are links for weather stripping in the "links" forum, but they don't list the barn doors...
Steve O

94 2WD Astro EXT
179,000 miles and counting
Going from an 8 seater to a 4 seater

sfeaver
I sleep in my van

Post by sfeaver »

Or a set for the dutch doors :)

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

Yeah, boy I could use the barn door weather stripping. I've got to find some shadetree fix. I'm not shelling out that kind of money. I used clear packing tape to seal up my back doors for hurricane ike. that big blob of foam rubber at the top center of the doors is dry rotted to the point where it has holes all the way through. The shape of that weather stripping seems overly complicated to me - a sure sign of poor design.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Ok guys,here is the deal.Soff Seal used to have you send a sample and they would tell you what part number to buy.I am not ready for that part yet.So I would suggest you contact them and let us know what you find out.

BTW-In the past I found their products to be first class at a more than fair price.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

I sent a email to Soffseal to see if they would supply a replacement seal for the rear doors on Astro's.I'll let you all know what they say.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

MD/Astro\CL
I am smitten with my van

Post by MD/Astro\CL »

In the past I've gotten new weatherstripping for my van from Danno Enterprises, they are a bit expensive but have good stuff. http://dannoenterprises.com/wtruck.htm#ChevyVans