Anyone know what is the largest stock rim size that....

FROM STOCK 15" STEELIES TO WILD 24" WHEELS, THEY GO HERE.

Topic author
astro355
I get chills without my van.

Anyone know what is the largest stock rim size that....

Post by astro355 »

Anyone know what is the largest stock GM rim size that will fit on any astro/safari? I need to put larger rotors for better braking and the setup I want to use will NOT fit with 15" rims. I prefer to use the original astro lug pattern but if I have to go to a larger pattern, even a 6 bolt pattern, so be it.
Thanks,
Jim
Not a member of the good ole boys.

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Re: Anyone know what is the largest stock rim size that....

Post by SoCalli V8 »

The Astro wheel stud pattern size is 5 x 5. Caprices and pick-ups are 5 x 5 most other Chevys are 4.75 x 5.

18`s will fit easy even if you are lowered, 8 inches wide on the front and rear no problem. (thats what I run)

20`s are easy if you are at stock height but if you are lowered pay closer attention to tire size and width.

I`m sure that the other guys will add more info here....
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

yeah i think Darren has it about right , the biggest i've heard put on an astro was a 20" x8" rim . you could use a 10" wide but unless you narrow the rear end you'd never get your slider open without modifying it .

personally the biggest i'd ever go with would be a 16"x 8 " , not a fan of the big wheels , they remind me a foose cars & i just don't like the big wheel look .
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Topic author
astro355

Post by astro355 »

Ok, but I want to keep it looking stock. I need to know what the largest stock wheel that GM made is that has a 5 x 5 bolt pattern.
Not a member of the good ole boys.

dean89

Post by dean89 »

I think it was the 17" impala ss wheels.
ImageImageImage
1989 Astro, 3" DJM drop, 5.7 tbi
1991 Chevrolet C1500 4.3 tbi 5spd 4-6" DJM drop (brother's truck)
1983 Chevrolet K20 350/4spd, 3.5" lift w/35's