Some of my other work

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Mcfly Minis
I get chills without my van.

Some of my other work

Post by Mcfly Minis »

Some of the other stuff I have been working on.

95' sonoma
Bodydropped 3", 250 v8 swap, custom backhalf, suicide doors, shaved handles, 3rd brake light, gass door, tail lights, drip rails, hood squirters stock antenna, sheetmetal bad, LED taillights, rounded door corners, frenched antenna.
3 years, going on 4 since I have driven it. I hope to have it running this summer.
Martin

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Re: Some of my other work

Post by Kabey's Van »

Wow, I'm impressed.
How did you connect the front sub frame to your rear frame. Or did you.
Your fab skills are impressive and with that in mind why did you stay with the front sub frame and not fab an entire frame from scratch.
I am going to do some mods to my van. V8, Jag or Vette r/e but I have not found the setup that triggers my ambition... yet. Your setup is pretty close to what I have been leaning toward.
I do like the chubby box sides, that was somthing I was going to do to an old pickup I had years ago but I never found the time.
Peter

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

Kabey's Van wrote:Wow, I'm impressed.
How did you connect the front sub frame to your rear frame. Or did you.
Your fab skills are impressive and with that in mind why did you stay with the front sub frame and not fab an entire frame from scratch.
I am going to do some mods to my van. V8, Jag or Vette r/e but I have not found the setup that triggers my ambition... yet. Your setup is pretty close to what I have been leaning toward.
I do like the chubby box sides, that was somthing I was going to do to an old pickup I had years ago but I never found the time.
Peter

The back half is connected by sliding the 2x4 box tubing inside the stock frame rails, and welding them together. I wish I had done a full frame from the firewall back, but I didn't think of it until after I had already built the back half.
Martin

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Good looking work. We're impressed down here at the 96 mile amrker.
Question,,,,did you section those front fenders ? They don't look like they're full height but they could look that way from ride being so low. :-k
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

Rebel wrote:Good looking work. We're impressed down here at the 96 mile amrker.
Question,,,,did you section those front fenders ? They don't look like they're full height but they could look that way from ride being so low. :-k
Fenders have not been sectioned, it's the body drop that's proly throwing you off. I cut the floor in the cab out and raised it 3". This makes the rockers lay right out with the frame. Before, the frame would layout and the rockers would be 3" from the ground.
Martin

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Thanks,,was the drop then.

Again,,great looking work.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

astrosafari
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by astrosafari »

thats sickk!
i want to build something like that one day...
maybe one day ill see your truck in a magazine or something. :)
91 blazer|00 extreme|99 winter beater

BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

That is going to be a sick machine. I love that back half frame with the rib cage type framing...pretty neat. I've always wanted a V8 S10, just never came about. too many other project I want too!
You've got some skills my man!!!!!

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

This truck's interior was already done by another shop, it was lacking detail, and originality. I was hired to redo the dash, door panels, headliner, and other misc interior parts. I received very raw door panels, and dash when I started. I molded a 7" monitor into the dash, and it's been smoothed and colored matched to the truck, along with black suede. The door panels have the amp flush mounted with ribs to match the ribs on the amp, and molded speaker pods. Black suede and faux snake skin was used on the arm rest. I'll post dash pics after it's finished. I did the everything on it; fiberglass work, bodywork, paint, and upholstery.

Martin

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

Another customers truck. Some of my best work right here.

Martin

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

Had to repair, install, and paint this convertable top. I also had to modifiy it so the doors can be shut with the windows up.

Martin

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Very Nice, looks like some high quality work. I bet you have no problem getting tons of work thru customer reference.

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Very nice work.

VIDEO

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

astrozam wrote:Very Nice, looks like some high quality work. I bet you have no problem getting tons of work thru customer reference.
word is getting out about my shop so things are starting to pick up. Word of mouth is helping a lot for sure. I gotta get the astrolade out to some shows to get more customers.
Martin