Winter Wonderland

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Winter Wonderland

Post by Fire Cakes »

There will be more pics of Dean plowing, but these are three that I got only one hour after I got home from work today. They were reporting that snow was falling at a rate of three inches and hour.

This is how much snow collected in our driveway just the 5 hours that I was at work. You couldn't even tell that Dean had plowed at all this year. I plowed that much snow with the Trail Blazer as I entered the driveway. The sides are still part of the driveway that was once cleared.

This is how much snow collected on the Trail Blazer and it didn't start collecting for a bit since the vehicle was warm and it melted.

In this pic you can just see the passenger rear tire and how deep it sits in the snow
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Winter Wonderland

Post by Smiliesafari »

That boy better pick up the pace!!!!!!!!!! It looks like he's slacking a bit. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

Absolutely beautiful!
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Topic author
Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Fire Cakes »

Smiliesafari wrote:That boy better pick up the pace!!!!!!!!!! It looks like he's slacking a bit. \:D/
Well he is still at work on his twelve hour shift. He alwasy said he wanted snow to plow............................well now he has it.

Well we tried to get pics of Dean plowing but the snowfall has picked up and there is no way to see through all the snow flakes. I will try and get pics tomorrow morning.
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

It wasn't that bad really....no more than 14 - 16 inches. :muhaha: Plowed when I got home and then ate dinner and went back out to finish cleaning up. There was another 2" on the ground and dinner was no more than 30 minutes! :D Should be real pretty in the daylight.
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Really nothing here in my part of Roch,NY.Just very cold.Hope I don't regret saying that. :)
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

I love snow...if I have a pair of skis in my hand, living in it...not so much.
But I am admiring from afar.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

9dawgs
I sleep in my van

Post by 9dawgs »

Dang, that's a lot of snow. We're pushing 48 degrees down south here in Fla. Nice clear and crisp. Y'all come on down if you get tired of the white stuff.
Jim<><

'99 Astro 4X2, (RIP) 4" Overland Lift, 31X10.50/15 BF Goodrich AT T/A KO,
Rancho RS5000 shocks, Rockford Fosgate RFX9000, Red Top Optima, K&N Filter

'98 Astro 4X2 (SOLD)

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

pretty much the same here dawgs, and I am already beginning to get tired of it.
need some good 98 degree 90% relative humidity. My blood is much to thin for that -10F stuff.

edit: I had to repair my grammar typo...I am a redneck, but an educated redneck. ( licensed too!)
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

I'm sorry Dean & lyyne but you guys can HAVE IT !!!!! i'm glad thats not here or this is one bear that would be hybernating till spring !!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Topic author
Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Fire Cakes »

These Pics were taken at 5:00 this AM when Dean was cleaning up the mess that came after he had already plowed last night. Now take this into account too. He got done plowing at about 7pm last night we looked out the window at about 10:30 and the snow was abating. When we got up this morning there was no more snow falling. So most of this accumulated between 7 - 11.

Yes there are steps in front of that door. As Dean was plowing I uncovered them. Now the kids and I have the fun part of digging out the fire hydrant in our front yard.

These last two photos are used to compare. As you can see they were taken just four days apart. In the four days we didn't have anymore snow until this last big storm. So now it really puts it into perspective the amount we got in 24 hours.

Now the sun is shining and everything is so beautiful with the fresh new coat of snow.

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Lynne, I couldn't agree with you more. I did some ballooning in Breckenridge Colorado in the winter. The fresh snow and mountains made for the most awesome beauty in the thirty years of my flying. It's just breathtaking. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

[quote][Absolutely beautiful!
/quote]

:-k [-( :yawinkle:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

WVKayaker
I sleep in my van

Post by WVKayaker »

Awesome pics firecakes...hardly a flake here in central MD this year..plenty cold though
Last edited by WVKayaker on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
1999 AWD Astro purchased January 2007
2" Overland Vans Lift Kit, Add-a-Leaf, Shackles, Torsion Bars Cranked 1"
AGM Deep Cycle Marine Battery w/Isolator
Helwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar
Auburn Gear Pro Series Limited-Slip Differential
BFG AT KO 235/75/15
Cragar Nomad I Wheels

Dearly Departed 1990 RWD Shorty owned since day one.
Sold Feb 2007 with 193k miles.

T.Low

Post by T.Low »

Does that man ever SLEEP!?!

I already miss the 2' we had hanging around for two weeks. But I'm sure the neighbors don't miss me drifting the van! :rolleyes:
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.