check out these machines

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
astrosafari
I finally get the smurf thing

check out these machines

Post by astrosafari »

i was searching through things on youtube to keep me occupied yesterday, well i pretty much do it every day, and i found this (:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-6rvEvc3IE
theres an astro at 1:12
91 blazer|00 extreme|99 winter beater

d3athm3talh3ad

Re: check out these machines

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

wow...i had no idea there were so many others, the only one i'd seen up until now was bigfoot fastrax, (the blue ford van late in the video)...i'd seen an interview with bob chandler who said he'd rather drive it than bigfoot because the ride is so much smoother...

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

There o.k, but i'll stick with the Monster trucks... way more air time, and bounce for the ounce! :cheers:

Good to cya postin some vids tho Corey :supz:

cd0156
I get chills without my van.

Post by cd0156 »

When I moved down here I was surprised to find how many people have made thier own! Therre are a few that used to go to C+R Motorsports Park down here in Palmdale before they closed.. I found a video that has a quick pic of a tiny one, but they had full size buggies with treads too! LOTS of fun.. Though I do miss the rocks! I tried to get Petey to go last time he was here, but he was too much of a priss.. I mean he was too busy to go get muddy.
Video from Mudfest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AQLwsu83uU
1999 Astro 4WD
NP231c Transfer Case Conversion, Custom Shifter and Front Driveshaft, 31x10.5x15 BFG AllTerrain, Custom Warn Front Bumper, DHC Rockrails, Superwinch 5000lb winch, Warn Spotlights and Flood lights on Custom Mounts, Thule Roof Racks Safari Rack and Kayak Racks, Alpine Touchscreen AM/FM/XM/CD/DVD/iPod, Eclipse Amps, Focal Utopia Component Speakers, Alpine TypeR 12" Subs, and probably lots more I am forgetting.... seems to happen more and more these days...

Topic author
astrosafari

Post by astrosafari »

astrozam wrote:There o.k, but i'll stick with the Monster trucks... way more air time, and bounce for the ounce! :cheers:

Good to cya postin some vids tho Corey :supz:

(:
zam... eff the monster trucks.. after what i have put my daddys van through in the past few months, i dont think any vehicle in the world deserves more respect then the astro's. 300,000 km's, more problems then i can count, and barely any body left, this thing is a machine. you ever went muddin with 8 ppl in the vehicle? :) it just keeps impressing me. there is pretty much nothing left of the rear suspension/differential, but the new front tires look mighty fine :) fan shroud is healed in place by a bungie cord, as well as the front bumper.. it still runs like a champ, but its looks horrible.
91 blazer|00 extreme|99 winter beater

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

astrosafari wrote:this thing is a machine. you ever went muddin with 8 ppl in the vehicle? :)
Need video!
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Post by Moreforles »

I liked the white and blue astro in about the middle of the video, it kind of looked like it had a boat hull under it, but they only showed it the one time,

instead of the full tracks, Mattracks is a cool option too
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)