Shout out from Michigan

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Mr Bean
I finally get the smurf thing

Shout out from Michigan

Post by Mr Bean »

I'm Scott married three months to a beautiful girl named Heather and we just inherited a pristine 2001 Astro AWD LT...and for some strange reason, I'm feeling nauseas after eating a bowl of chicken noodle soup.. :sick:
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT
All about me, my girl, & our van with loads of pics:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5281

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Shout out from Michigan

Post by astroturf »

Welcome Scott. Pristine vans are oh so worthy of a pic or two. As far as the soup goes, I'm afraid I can't help you there, But I would like a cigar on that special day. Again welcome and congratulations. Jim
PS: What part of MI?

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Welcome to the site, Mr. Bean. The good news is......you found the best Astro/Safari site on the web. The bad news is..........Very shortly a big black gangster type car will be pulling in your driveway if you post again without pictures. :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha:
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

Jim, St. Joseph (right near the lake)
smiliesafari, you just made me laugh out loud...and no one but me is in the room...so my wife thinks i'm losing my mind. i just literally bought this van...and the weather here is unbelieveable right now...40-50 MPH winds and snow. I have a Nikon D5000 Digital SLR, so I will post some nice pics as soon as the weather cleareth. As for my stomach, all is now good on that front. weird. :-s
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Welcome to the world on Astro & Safari vans. Pull up a chair and by all means,,,throw the receipts in the trash. :muhaha:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

Rebel wrote:Welcome to the world on Astro & Safari vans. Pull up a chair and by all means,,,throw the receipts in the trash. :muhaha:

lol. nice...
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Welcome Scott. Definitely throw the receipts away. Being in Michigan, you really need a 4" lift and 31" tires. :yawinkle:
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

LiftedAWDAstro wrote:Welcome Scott. Definitely throw the receipts away. Being in Michigan, you really need a 4" lift and 31" tires. :yawinkle:
2" has been approved by the wife. Any more isn't needed for our use. Anything more hairy and we bust out my Toyota 4x4.
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

welcome to the site scott & heather Image
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

crash wrote:welcome to the site scott & heather Image
Thanks!
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

well not to overwhelm, but Welcome to the brethren. If you grit your teeth reeeeal hard, you might resist accumulating some of the said reciepts, however you should not read much of the site....he he he [insert evil maniacal laugh smilie here]
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

kings-x59 wrote:well not to overwhelm, but Welcome to the brethren. If you grit your teeth reeeeal hard, you might resist accumulating some of the said reciepts, however you should not read much of the site....he he he [insert evil maniacal laugh smilie here]
You guys crack me up. Truth is, my sweetheart (we've known each other for 7 years) doesn't have issue with my car hobby. She continually reminds me how much she misses our modified Nissan Spec V 6 spd. and she's bummed I sold my twin Pontiac Bonneville SSEi's (one was black, the other white...Ying Yang) They were supercharged, moderately modded, and very quick. I'd race my black one against a friends' Rouge Mustang and give him some fun. She likes the hobby...she helps me out...we purchased and installed (actually she did the install) a hitch for my Toyota 4WD. She's tiny, so she fit under the truck comfortably...I held the hitch up, and she bolted it to the frame. Crazy I know, but if there's 1 in a million, I have her \:D/ In any case, thanks for the welcome...and the help with my AWD issues. Still working on them....created a thread titled: NV136 to BW4472 Swap in AWD/4x4
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

There's actually two in a million. O:) I have the other one. Wait a minute.......I've known Cherie for 43 years. That means I have the one in a million and you have the other one. :muhaha:
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

Smiliesafari wrote:There's actually two in a million. O:) I have the other one. Wait a minute.......I've known Cherie for 43 years. That means I have the one in a million and you have the other one. :muhaha:
ok....you win. :prayer: lol!
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

As promised...here are some pics...only problem is we didn't get a chance to wash the van before the pics...so the salty nasty road is all over it. anyway, here they are. threw in my 1989 Toyota 4x4 too with some snow we get around here. Also thrown in for good measure are some of my past rides: two twin Pontiac Bonneville SSEi's (black and white) supercharged, modded and fast. As well as my 2002 Nissan Spec V SER (fast a small) and 1998 Buick LeSabre Limited. The last pic is us in Florida holding a graphically designed board for a wedding invitation idea that never panned out. so i guess we're officially introduced. at the very end are some photos of us target shooting as well as clay shooting. one of our many mutual hobbies along with snowboarding/skiing, watersports, boating, biking, music, etc....enjoy!

~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT