Greetings from Estonia

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Sten
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Greetings from Estonia

Post by Sten »

Hello!I'm a proud owner of a white '97 Astro AWD Explorer conversion. It came to Estonia in the beginning of 2008. It has done 180k. The interior seems well preserved, all electric equipment worked well. Body has no dents, only some rust. The white colour makes it easy to notice!

So now the main problems. First ther was a grinding noise from the engine. I think all of you had heardi it. So I replaced the alternator's bearings, but it still was. Secondly I thaught it has something to do with the water pump or the vent (and its clutch). Tried to take the vent away but failed. Also added some cooland and the noise disappeared. It think it was a Christmas miracle.
Secondly, the front axel seams to be leaking. Because I have troubel getting under the van, I have few information what exacly is happening there.
And finaly this years winter is doing most of the damage. Thank good for AWD! But the problem is iceing! Sliding door does not work normaly, rear hatch wont open and close correctll etc. Hopefully everything will start workin when it goes warm again.

And my projects. First, change all oils (If you have a link what to use where...). Secondly, the rust and leaks (have to wait fore the summer, because I have no proper garage) And finaly some modifying (electric vent, TV is missing new rims etc.)

Excuse me for my spelling and hope to talk to you soon!

Sten

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Greetings from Estonia

Post by astroturf »

Welcome aboard. Jim

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Hi Sten, nice picture of the van, welcome to ASV :cheers:

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Welcome to ASV's. Hope ya thaw out soon but know you have some time to go before the melt. Some great folks here, all willing to help all they can.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Welcome to the site, Sten. \:D/ Beautiful pic of the van.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle