cargo vs passenger van grill and headlights question

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
kengarchow
I am merely driving my van

cargo vs passenger van grill and headlights question

Post by kengarchow »

i have noticed that 95 up cargo vans tend to have the single sealed beam headlights and the passenger vans have more of a composite headlight. i like the looks of the composite headlights better and wondered if they can be put on a cargo van
thanks

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Re: cargo vs passenger van grill and headlights question

Post by GnarliSafari »

yes they can, but you need to purchase the entire grill assembly not just the lights. should be a direct bolt on swap however.
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

astrodamus

Post by astrodamus »

what do you have I'll trade you mine? I'm looking to swap out with a GMC grille.

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

he is looking to get rid of the cargo style grill, like yours, i beleive...
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

astrodamus

Post by astrodamus »

kengarchow wrote:i have noticed that 95 up cargo vans tend to have the single sealed beam headlights and the passenger vans have more of a composite headlight. i like the looks of the composite headlights better and wondered if they can be put on a cargo van
thanks
yep, you're right, my mistake.. :toimonster:

slim724
I get chills without my van.

Post by slim724 »

I just did this swap and it is a direct bolt on, you will need the composite lights with non functional small clear lenses on the sides, black plastic frames the lights are attached to, and bolts that attach the plastic frames to the vehicle, you will also need composite style harness ends with plugs which are easily snipped from a junkyard donor, since the composite uses 4 wires and your current harness has only 3 and a different plug, you will need to run an extra ground wire to chassis/frame And thats about it, turn signals are same, if plan to use GMC style compsite grill you will need more parts, with are the small metal trim pieces under the turn signals, color matched to your vehicle, and GMC turn signal lenses since the Chevy ones won't fit without some trimming
ImageImageImage

1999 Astro 7-Passenger Van
Federal Government Fleet Vehicle
Cadet Blue 4.3L V6
Rear A/C & Heat
RWD G80 posi with 3.42 gears
40,000 miles