The maiden voyage

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Grover
I am smitten with my van

The maiden voyage

Post by Grover »

Well I took my name sake on it's first highway run into Toronto yesterday with a load for my buyer. I ran into heavy traffic on the 403 and QEW so I wasn't able to go 100km. Thought great the van is working pretty good.

Get to Toronto unload the van and after a quick stop for coffee I headed for the 400 southbound. As I got past 80km/hr I didn't like what I was hearing... I could hear a distinct loud grumbling noise from the back. If I was below 80 you didn't really hear it.

Got back home and decided I had better see my mechanic about it.. turns out my gut instinct was right, it had a bad rear u-joint. The shop wasn't busy so they asked if I had time to wait while they put the new one in. Got the right part but they were having a hell of time putting the new one in.

The upside is that I brought it in now instead of being out in the boonies somewhere and having the driveshaft fall off. :yikes:

Hopefully I'll have it back today sometime.

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Re: The maiden voyage

Post by Moreforles »

Grover wrote:
out in the boonies somewhere and having the driveshaft fall off. :yikes:
I hate when that happens.......
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)