E3 Spark Plugs .. anyone try them?

Topic author
crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

E3 Spark Plugs .. anyone try them?

Post by crash »

so for those of you that know.. I work at an auto parts store. our primary selling plugs are NGK, then AC Delco. then the mower plugs like champion or autolites LOL

we had some customers request E3 plugs .. so many in fact that we have now started to stock them. we have yet to get any negative feedback on them and actually, positive feedback has been common re: mileage gains and noticable engine performance.

just curious.. anyone tried them on their Astro/Safari van?
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: E3 Spark Plugs .. anyone try them?

Post by Smiliesafari »

Don't get your hopes up. These so called "Better than Ever" spark plug types have been around since before I can remember. If they actually did any real good then every spark plug mfg would jump on the wagon and produce their own.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

oh I don't know...they are at least as good as an AC Delco plug :muhaha:
the best thing you can do is get a plug with correct heat rating.
I tried the NGK iridium plugs, the whole iridium bs about how the metal scavenged from meteorites conducts electricity so much better than steel. that might be true if the electrode on an iridium plug was the same diameter as, say an AC Delco, but they aren't. the center electrode is like a needle. So, you can pay 6 or 8 bucks a plug if it makes you feel "high" tech. #-o
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Cobra »

i have no idea what they are i'll have to look into it but i know one thing for sure plugs are only as good as their support
for example i sure someone here installed the bosch +4 plugs and wasn't happy with them i had them installed on our old van with a slightly upgraded ignition coil and they ran great. i'm not sure how companies test or rate spark plugs to be the best or better then the rest but i wish they would give some more information on it so that people could make educated decisions on them perhaps something like minimum voltage to obtain proper spark
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

SafariRoadster
I am smitten with my van

Post by SafariRoadster »

I have them installed in my 96 Honda Accord EX. I would recommend them. I decided to try them after watching the powerblock TV that comes on every sat and sun on spike. They tested all the top spark plugs on the market and E3 came out on top. You could probably find a link to the show on the internet. I really didn't even need new plugs as my old ones looked fine, but I figured I'd give them a shot anyway. My car seem to run better afterwards. I'm not sure if it helps with mileage. Probably wouldn't help me as I have a disability. Its known as a lead foot. The only drawl back is the price about $6 a piece.
I will be installing a set in the astro in a couple weeks. I'll give an update when I do.

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Cobra »

i look forward to your review
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Post by Kabey's Van »

Iridium is an amazing element.
It is the second most dense element known, so it is extremely difficult to machine and is 4x less present on earth than gold. That's why a iridium spark plugs costs so much.
It does not conduct electricity any better than copper or gold but it can maintain it's structural properties at continuous temperatures above 1600c. It can also maintain these properties to 2000c, momentarily. That's why they are concidered to be a better choice than a plug made from steel or platinum that will deteriorate at a much faster rate under high temperatures.
Iridium is found at higher levels in a meteor than it is found in the earth's crust, but it is believed to be at higher levels at the earth's core than in a meteor. It is also found at moderate levels in the K-T layer, and at extremely low levels in human tissue. So basically, it's everywhere.
If you want better performance from your engine, upgrade the "source" of your spark and run a cooler plug. A multi-strike discharge ignition system is far better than a single-strike discharge ignition system. You will have easier start ups, better response off the line, a cleaner burn, and a better control of the the flame kernal at higher rpms. All of which will result in better overall performance and economy.

Peter

reaper
I sleep in my van

Post by reaper »

I know that E3's suck in lawn & garden equipment.
I previously had NGK Irridium plugs in my van & I did not mind them
at all.One thing not mentioned here is that the Irridiums sit in the head
deeper than standard plugs available.
I went back to delco's & gapped at 35 thou & now
im running richer & the van is more sluggish.I also noticed
a change in the tone of my exhaust,not as drony & loud as it used to be.
Time to turf the Delco's & go back to Irridiums.
Im really beginning to step away from Delco products,But hey thats just my opinion.
90 Astro Cargo V-8
90 Artro RS - V-8 Now running!
& a bunch of tractors
"there's nothing like a V-8 Polluting the Environment"