Volant + Granteli MAF

Topic author
slim724
I get chills without my van.

Volant + Granteli MAF

Post by slim724 »

Just recently installed both in the astro, installation went as planned except I had to use a coupler for the Granateli MAF because of the larger bore in and out tubes, I disconnected the battery to reset the computer so it could adjust to the new parts. Upon startup it has an erratic high/low idle sometimes almost to the point of stalling, but never stalls, drives great city/highway but after sitting and starting up again it has the erratic idle, never for more than a minute, and the idle is generally not as smooth. I drove it with the new MAF for 2 days before I swapped the stock MAF back in and the erratic idle immediately disappeared. So my question is, is this normal and do I need to wait longer for the computer to adjust? Like maybe a tank of gas worth of time? Or maybe my stock exhaust system is not up to snuff for the new parts? Suggestions are much appreciated
ImageImageImage

1999 Astro 7-Passenger Van
Federal Government Fleet Vehicle
Cadet Blue 4.3L V6
Rear A/C & Heat
RWD G80 posi with 3.42 gears
40,000 miles

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Volant + Granteli MAF

Post by Cobra »

Granteli MAF is just a housing right so you had to put the OE sensor in the the larger housing? wouldn't that actually cause a lower air flow then OE because of an irregular air flow?
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

Topic author
slim724
I get chills without my van.

Re: Volant + Granteli MAF

Post by slim724 »

Nope, it's a whole unit calibrated for 4.3 astro with cold air intake, since my last post I've removed it cleaned it with MAF cleaner, problem still persists, then SES light came on, threw codes P0171 & P0174 - too lean bank 1 & 2, so I'm stumped now, either MAF is bad or maybe a vaccuum leak? I'm think I'm going to pull the MAF apart, clean and inspect it and check volant intake for secure connections, not sure what else to do
ImageImageImage

1999 Astro 7-Passenger Van
Federal Government Fleet Vehicle
Cadet Blue 4.3L V6
Rear A/C & Heat
RWD G80 posi with 3.42 gears
40,000 miles