Overland Vans

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
rubberdown
I get chills without my van.

Overland Vans

Post by rubberdown »

Hey Fellas, I know I have read in here about how much people like Dan over at Overland. I myself have nothing but great stuff to say about him & my experiences with working with him, he obviously has a fever for Astro's that runs deeper than most of us combined.

I spoke with him yesterday for a bit, and the day has now come. He has found a purchaser for the business, and will no longer be in the game. I only post this so that you guys who have known him could maybe touch base and thank him for making our vans so bad ass for so many years!

I know I personally wish him the best in all his future endeavors & am sure lots of you feel the same! =D>
---------------Not All Who Wander Are LOST---------------

99 AWD, 4" Overland Kit, 30x9.5 BFG A/T Ko's, interior work, rest is stock & will stay that way til something breaks!

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Overland Vans

Post by astrozam »

Good to know, he was trying for a long time to find the right buyer... thanks for the update :supz:

LaGrasta
I sleep in my van

Post by LaGrasta »

Overland is the #1 Astro Van retailer for me!
1998 Astro, 246,000 miles

K&N air filter
TruCool trans cooler
2" Overland lift & 15" BFG Terrain, 3.73 gears
JET Performance SCU-2000 (Speed Control Unit)
Gabriel Ultra shocks, rear AirLift bags & sway bar
Draw-Tite Dual Port Hitch System, hitch-mounted bike rack (4), hitch-mounted cargo tray, Thule roof-mounted cargo box

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

I hope it works out well for everyone, including us of course. =D>

A while back, I sent emails to both Dan and also Dave of AEV ( http://www.aev-conversions.com/) introducing Dave to the idea of buying O'landvans, as I think it would have been a logical acquisition on many levels,(including the fact that the AEV Michigan offices are each about 2 1/2 hrs from O'landvans) ... but ...who knows...

Daves a bit of a genius and it would have been cool to see where he could take the van department.
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

Herbie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Herbie »

Wow.

I hope things continue for the new owner. I've been putting off ordering my lift while I sorted out a few other items, I'd hate to think I waited too long!! :poke:
"My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
2003 Astro AWD Astrolander/ZMB - GTRV Top Transplant, 4" OLV Lift, NP233 T-case, evolving interior
1995 Safari GTRV Organ donor - gutted and gone.

Topic author
rubberdown
I get chills without my van.

Post by rubberdown »

From what Dan said, you shouldn't worry Herbie. The new owner is pretty stoked to get set up & bought the whole sha-bang, so it shouldn't be too long before he's up & running. If I understood correctly, the fella lives in Canada but will be keeping the fabrication & freight out of the states here.

Wait, scratch that...

You may never find another 4" overland kit again.... you should ACT NOW & buy the last one that is currently residing on my basement floor for oh, I dunno, $10,000 !!! (includes shipping) :muhaha:
---------------Not All Who Wander Are LOST---------------

99 AWD, 4" Overland Kit, 30x9.5 BFG A/T Ko's, interior work, rest is stock & will stay that way til something breaks!

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Dan the Man.
He really was a super fantastic guy. I got a lot of my parts from him even things that he said I could get locally ... maybe even for cheaper but I still bought it from him. Super guy. I hope his health is stable. I actually just punted him an email - hope to hear back from him.
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Lumpy
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Lumpy »

Ditto on Dan the Man.

I talked with him about an hour ago on the phone. I ordered parts online yesterday and he phoned me to let me know they were shipping and that the shackles were drop shipped from a company here in Phoenix. He gave me some tips on PBBlasting a couple days in advance and had a couple of other suggestions.

He said the new owner is a fabricator and the changeover, whenever that comes, should be a positive one for everyone, including US the customers :bounce:

I asked if he was doing ok, health wise. His reply -

"Dude! They cut the shit out of me, but they fixed me"

Glad to hear it, Dan.

Lump
http://www.n0eq.com

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

LOL that is exactly what he said to me and added "... gonna enjoy a lot of new things now!"

New owner suppose to be kicking in about 1 weeks time.
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"