Hi from the state of Georgia, USA

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Vorant
I am merely driving my van

Hi from the state of Georgia, USA

Post by Vorant »

Hi, middle aged 1997 safari owner here. I'm the 2nd owner of our 1997 GMC Safari 2wd. We've had this van since late 97 (only had 13k) and currently have 182k miles on the clock. Aside from general maintenance shes had: 3 fuel pumps, 1 ac compressor, 1 radiator, 1 water pump, 1 alternator, front end repair, motor mounts, just recently a rebuilt trans and a new windshield since we got her. We plan on keeping her unless we happen to find a good low mileage 04 or 05, which may not happen because people seem to be holding on to them longer like us. Anyway this is a great site and has already proven to be a useful resource to our family. :usa:

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Hi from the state of Georgia, USA

Post by mdmead »

Welcome!

Wow, three fuel pumps? That's seems like one more than usual with that mileage. (But then I had to have the rearend rebuilt on mine at 90K, so you just never know I guess.)

Georgia... I did some time there way back in the early 80s when I was stationed in Valdosta! (Looking at Mapquest, I see you are way north though.)
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Welcome to ASV Vorant , glad to hear you have already found the site helpful :cheers:

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Welcome to the best vehicle specific site on the web. There's lots of info and a bunch of great people all willing to help. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

You're in the right place,,welcome. :usa:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
Vorant

Post by Vorant »

Thanks for the welcome, unfortunately, as of today our Safari blew a head gasket and we now have antifreeze in the crankcase. At this point I'm debating on to junk it or fix it. We just spent $1400 on a transmission rebuild and another $200 on a new windshield in the last 90 days. My wife is not as fond of the old girl as I am and its her daily driver so the answer seems rather self evident..... Damn, I wish they still made em.....