96 astro in GA

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
chris diehl
I am merely driving my van

96 astro in GA

Post by chris diehl »

Hello everyone. I'm new to the van scene. I'm 32 with a 96 astro. Living in Warner Robins, GA and boy is it hot right now. If you would have told me 10 years ago that when I was 32 I would own a "mini van" I would have laughed. Well here I am. I bought it from my father in law to haul the family around in and to go on camping trips. There's 5 of us. Well here it is a year later and we haven't went camping yet. (shame on me).

Basically I want to lower her and put rims and tires on with a nice sound system. I know nothing about vehicles and I know even less about astros. Seems like lowering the van isn't going to be easy or cheap. I want her as low as possible without spending tons of money on bags and crazy body and frame modifications. I'm looking at Coy's for rims. 20's if possible but would like them tucked.

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: 96 astro in GA

Post by Smiliesafari »

Welcome to the site, Chris. If your camping trips mean some mild offroading you might want to reconsider lowering your van. Most of the camping and offroading guys here do lift kits. Their vans look awesome and are a bit more practical for their adventures. Look around the site. I think you'll like what you see. These guys and gals are a bunch of really good people. We all thrive on pictures, so, tuneup your camera.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
chris diehl

Re: 96 astro in GA

Post by chris diehl »

thanks. I won't be doing anymore camping trips. wasn't as fun as the kids thought it would be. havent been back in over a year. I've had lifted trucks and now its time for a lowered van