Sorta new guy from FL

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
draggnastro
I am smitten with my van

Sorta new guy from FL

Post by draggnastro »

hey yall, I used to be on what i guess was the old site??? Anyhow,got a new astro to share with yall, 88 5 passenger 4.3 5speed. Ill post up a build thread in a few.

Topic author
draggnastro
I am smitten with my van

Re: Sorta new guy from FL

Post by draggnastro »

guess you gotta post pics to get a response eh. Well heres a couple.

the van the first day i got it
my interior progress up to now
just finished shaving the door handle and converting the slider to gullwing

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

You learn quick.........pics my man... pics. Welcome to the site. That shorty still looks good for its age. I've always liked the shortys. If I already didn't own way too many vehicles I'd buy one.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
draggnastro
I am smitten with my van

Post by draggnastro »

thanks! i like it, picked it up for next to nothin. Im halfway done with the interior and working on the paint at the same time. Hopin to have it done for the van nationals next july

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Welcome back... :cheers:

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

Welcome to the site! Say, for an '88 the paint don't look too bad. Lovin the carpet on the interior panels, reminds me of my '68 bug in high school.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Topic author
draggnastro
I am smitten with my van

Post by draggnastro »

its actually crushed velvet(velour) and it will be even nicer once i get the wood floor done and the bed built. the paint is ok from 50ft, but up close its pretty nasty

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Welcome back,,like the pics,,post more.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
draggnastro
I am smitten with my van

Post by draggnastro »

will do, ill start a project thread and catch yall up to speed about whats been doin with it

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

draggnastro wrote:its actually crushed velvet(velour) and it will be even nicer once i get the wood floor done and the bed built. the paint is ok from 50ft, but up close its pretty nasty
yeesh my paint doesn't even look good from 100 feet..what's left of it. the late 80's were not good years for the BC/CC paint system.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....