95 Astro air intake kit?????

Topic author
violent b
I finally get the smurf thing

95 Astro air intake kit?????

Post by violent b »

So I've been looking around and can't find an air intake kit (either short ram or cold air) for the '95 Astro. seems like '96 and up has one from Volant and aside from the cheapo one on Ebay there isn't any other options.

has anyone got a '95 with an air intake on it? the stock airbox is gone so I need and want an aftermarket air intake kit, either short ram or cold air.

please help me...
The Midget and Monkey madman!

Jboy2
I sleep in my van

Post by Jboy2 »

Make you own custom one that goes behind the grill. that what i am going to do on my 90 cargo O:)

Kinda like this http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_ ... ntake.html

Topic author
violent b

Post by violent b »

Jboy2 wrote:Make you own custom one that goes behind the grill. that what i am going to do on my 90 cargo O:)

Kinda like this http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_ ... ntake.html
that sounds cool (no pun intended). I don't think there is any MAF sensor I have to worry about so it should be just a tube with a filter on it.

BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

Here is mine form my 95 stro w/ the CPI. It consists of some thinned walled 3" drain pipe form Lowes/HD and a K&N filter I found on internet, performance accesories.com or something similar to that. Anyway, bought my pipe, then measured and order the filter I wanted. I used the factory rubber boot to mate to the Throttle body nose which also kept the temp sensor. I used one elbow and used an old piece of chrome 1/2" household water supply line which had a threaded end for the small air hose coming from intake. You will hear you're sucking all hot air, the pipe won't take the heat, etc. I've had no problems and actually got better gas mileage and could feel a little more power in the "seat of the pants" so it works for me. I will be gone for a week & half, but can give ya more details when I get back.

Topic author
violent b

Post by violent b »

looks good. I might have to do something like that if I can't find another way.