RockAuto.com

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

RockAuto.com

Post by GnarliSafari »

any of you ever shop at http://www.rockauto.com ? dieselplace.com is sponsored by them and i have bought a couple things from them now and have been more than satisfied. my most recent purchase was a headlamp assembly for my truck. mine was cracked and the rainy season is here so i needed to address it. they have an economy line as they call it which was $25, $30 shipped. i was skeptical of a $25 headlamp but didnt want to pay the dealer $325 and figured even if it was clearly taiwan junk if it atleast made it through the winter id be happy. low and behold it is the OEM light even came in GM packaging and it came with the hb4 and hb3 bulbs which are $10 a piece at napa to begin with, thats basically $5 for a headlamp. i dont know how they do it but i dont care. i have been checking it out more lately and found NBS (95-06) corner markers for our vans, the ones that yellow out and look like crap that everyone hates, for $2.93 i spent $15 and 2 hours with some plastic polish and in a couple months they looked yellow again. had i known about these id've bought 2 sets and changed them out when they looked bad again and still came out ahead. they sell just about any part for any car check em out!
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: RockAuto.com

Post by MountainManJoe »

They ship to Canada too. Nice!

I just checked the prices for wheel hubs and they seem very reasonable to me. After taxes and shipping, it's still cheaper than buying locally, and you can choose from 3 different brands.

lockdoc
I sleep in my van

Post by lockdoc »

I've been using RockAuto for years now. I love the place. The prices are great and I like how they have so many options for one part.
Current:
01 AWD - Stock
98 AWD - Stock
Past:
93 4WD - 305 V8 - 5" lift - 31" tires
98 4WD DHC - 10" lift - 33" tires - Onboard air and Hydraulics - Snowplow
92 RWD - 350 V8 - lowered - 97 front clip
92 RWD - 350 V8 - converted to AWD - V6
91 AWD - 350 V8 - conversion van
94 RWD - 350 V8 - sons van
92 RWD - stock - sons van
93 RWD Shorty - project
89 RWD Shorty - parts van

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

I use Rock Auto occasionally and have no complaints. Most recently for a dimmer switch and brake light switch for the Bronco, and before that, a power window regulator for the Focus. The regulator price, which came with a new motor, was on par with what many junkyards wanted for a used regulator with no motor.
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

blacknome
I sleep in my van

Post by blacknome »

timelessbeing wrote:They ship to Canada too. Nice!

I just checked the prices for wheel hubs and they seem very reasonable to me. After taxes and shipping, it's still cheaper than buying locally, and you can choose from 3 different brands.
friend of mine has been pushing www.performanceparts.com because they have a CDN warehouse as well and they are cheaper than CTC.

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

+1, rockauto is a favorite of mine. I've sourced parts there that i couldn't find elsewhere, other than a dealership.
their turnaround on part orders has always been good, but lately it's been amazingly fast.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....