The End Is Near

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Southern
I finally get the smurf thing

The End Is Near

Post by Southern »

I am in the process of replacing my 92 Astro van that I have owned since new. It has over 206K miles and has served me well over the years. The engine, transmission and fuel pump are original. Rust has taken over and the rear wheels are stuck on.

The gas mileage isn't the greatest and since it doesn't have air bags it's not the safest vehicle.

I plan to drive it to a local auto recycler who will pay 10c per pound and load it up with a very old Bobcat snowblower and an unused snow plow blade from my Sears garden tractor.

While I was fixing a broken headlight today, I was backing the van out of my garage and the left front upper balljoint decided to seperate. Since I will get over $200 more by driving the van to the recycler, I decided to purchase a new balljoint. I was able to remove the rivits on the old balljoint but I am stuck trying to get the balljoint loose from the knuckle. I plan on stopping by Harbor Freight and picking up a ball joint separator.

I know that I will miss my Astro, I have hauled may large items over the years that you can't do in any minivan or SUV made today. I have learned alot from the ASV family here and will miss you all.
92 Astro Conversion Van 2WD
Vin Z Engine
Eaton Posi

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: The End Is Near

Post by MountainManJoe »

Time to trade up for a newer Astro!

HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Re: The End Is Near

Post by HPbyStan »

timelessbeing wrote:Time to trade up for a newer Astro!
NO LIE, I think I'll have to have one as long as they and I am around. Nothing else can do as many things as well, for me at least.
'04 White AWD Astro cargo
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket
'71 BSA B50 engine in a '67 C25 250 chassis
Impossible is just a degree of difficulty....