Howzit From Kauai!

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
A-Team
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Howzit From Kauai!

Post by A-Team »

Hey Gang! Glad to be part of Team Astro. Imported an '04 Cargo to the islands in Feb. to be my weather proof tool hauler & construction service rig. OLV 2' LIFT & 4 deg. pinion shims for a sweet ride. Looking forward to a new set of 235/70r16s on Esclade rims to finish things off. I could NOT be happier! Fact of the matter, I bought an '03 AWD to keep in Phoenix as my mainland escape vehicle.

With that in mind, the wife & I are flying Lihue-Phoenix this evening for our first shakedown road trip...... Destination Idaho. I want to thank T.Low for posting pics of his Owyhee trip. On the return south we are planning to drive Succor Creek & possibly visit the Pillars of Rome. Tom you rock! Many Mahalos!!

Thanks For a GREAT site w/ lots of help for our vans. I plan to turn the '03 AWD into a T.Low/Herbie clone via GTRV pop up, awnning, lift, & possible low range TC. BTW... Same color. Will post pics ASAP.

Aloha,
Dennis
North Shore Kauai

H2OJoe
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Howzit From Kauai!

Post by H2OJoe »

Welcome Dennis! Glad to see you're so stoked on the Astros. TLow and Herbie, along with some others, provide much inspiration and seem to have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these vans. Keep us posted, with lots of photos, of your progress. We love photos!!!!

Aloha,

Joe :guitar:
2001 Astro LT AWD "Redneck Edition", 4" Custom Lift, 30x9.5R15LT on stock wheels, Hightop conversion, custom interior, custom roof racks, external solar shower, front recovery points. SOLD

1997 Astro LS AWD Starting build soon.

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: Howzit From Kauai!

Post by T.Low »

Wow, thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

I certainly don't take any credit for any real Astro knowledge, I just tap into the wealth of knowledge and expertise found on this forum. :partyman:

If you make that Succor Crk drive you, make sure you make time to spur off down Leslie Gulch, that is where the amazing features are. We just had a BBQ with a bunch of overlanding friends and watched the Owyhee slideshow tonite.

Welcome to ASV, looking forward to your trip reports with lots of photos. :cheers:
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.