What do you guys think about this option package ?

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Vanboozin
I am smitten with my van

What do you guys think about this option package ?

Post by Vanboozin »

Hi everyone
been lookin in from the outside for a while but now find myself close to being a Safari owner for the first time, so figured i better get in here and say hello !
I had the opportunity to go on a 2 week fishing trip last summer with a buddy in his 96 Safari.
I liked the van so much i figured i needed one for myself. Problem is when i start shopping for something i get real picky. After several months of internet searching and several test drives i think i'm going to pull the trigger and sign the papers. The van is a 2004 sle rwd with 72,000 Miles.

I have a 15'3" Boston Whaler Classic with a 55 2- stroke i will be towing and launching 6 months of the year, i know the van will tow the boat easily as its a pretty light boat (roughly 1,800-2000 pnds max including gear and trailer), some of the boat ramps around here are kinda ratty and not maintained very well, broken concrete, fairly steep, slippery etc so i figure the Eaton locker would help with this. Also plan many 2-3 day Steelhead fishing trips through the winter, so i will be camping in the van fairly regular, planning on setting up a fold down bed with room for storage, tools and of course fishing rods and tackle, some nice rigs on here i have to say, i have many ideas now from all the nice pics and slick mods you guys have done to your vans =D>

The asking price is a little more than i planned on but its nice enough to justify i guess,
Asking $8,900 CAD

How does this option package look to you ?
i can't find descriptions of all the rpo codes but have some of it figured out.

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: What do you guys think about this option package ?

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Nice van! The 3.73 gears and posi are the only 2 codes I looked at. They are what will help you at the boat ramp. First thing to do once you get it (or any other van) is to add an auxiliary transmission cooler and do a fluid and filter change on the tranny as well.
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Welcome. It looks like you found a good one. There's tons of camping info here. Look around. Ask questions. Everyone here is willing to help.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

blacknome
I sleep in my van

Post by blacknome »

Looks like a nice clean van. The price is a little steep but the van seems to look to be in excellent shape even has the orig plastic cupholders !!! The only options above this level were rear AC, overhead trip computer, and Leather seats.