UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS: The new URL for the site is CHEVYGMCVANS.COM

See the "Announcements" section for more 2021 forum update details

95 Astro bagged “For sale”

For sale and wanted vans and items, sources for parts.
Forum rules
Please delete your listing after the item is sold. (open it and click the 'X')
Marketplace topics are automatically deleted after one year of inactivity.

Topic author
Bizzyb
I am merely driving my van

95 Astro bagged “For sale”

Post by Bizzyb »

95 2WD bagged,Air lift w ride sensors for each corner,never been installed. Still in box. 2 compressors, tank,etc Re-located shocked bridged, 4 linked ....black window van LS , 18” wheels, similar to I Roc wheels
Located in phx,Az
New timing chain, deep cycle battery , fuel pump,water pump, new heads, new starter
Vehicle will not crank, needs new windshield and interior put back together
Askin $4000 for it
Body in good shape. Extra set of capt chairs ....
Contact me email. Blee_559@hotmail.com
Anymore info contact (602)469-0920

I don’t have time anymore to finish it...
Thanks for lookin

WoodButcher
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: 95 Astro bagged “For sale”

Post by WoodButcher »

Bizzyb wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:28 pm I don’t have time anymore to finish it...
Ouch! that hurts. You spent some time and money so far.
Your profile says Arizona, is that right? What town?
If you upload a pic or two it may help get more interest. Use the attachments button / file tab below the preview / submit buttons below.
You don't need to setup a gallery or anything like that. Click the tab, add files from your pc or phone and hit the "place inline" When you submit the post your good to go.

Good luck with the sale, I hope she finds a good home.
'97 Safari, 290,000 miles,,, retired
'93 Safari shorty, 350 swap my new daily
'02 Astro, my non working work van. Waiting for a V8
'69 G10, straight 6, 3 onatree, jumped at me when I had a pocketful of cash looking for a spare astro. :)

Topic author
Bizzyb

Post by Bizzyb »

4C3A883D-49B6-4F97-AE32-F10F77CF7061.jpeg
I was tryin to find that attachment via iPhone user....I’ll give it a shot..... the motor cranks but I get no crank through the starter.... solenoid kicks, starter engages just doesn’t turn enough.... pulled starter and had it benched tested. I do t think it was tested under a load... thinkin of just pickin up another..... why not... got enough in it already.... I’m in central Phoenix
Attachments
16CDE701-BC10-4F51-9344-9F8641BD8E57.jpeg
5BFE883D-22D0-43DB-BD19-B403B9DC570C.jpeg
1EB5B3DD-0198-4156-B857-1432E04F91B0.jpeg
A2B4C800-8578-4D67-9199-1597CE08988A.jpeg

WoodButcher
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by WoodButcher »

Wow! that looks awesome. I'm in CT so a little far from me. Don't think the wife would be too happy if I got a fourth van anyway.
When was it last run? I looked at your posts and it seems you didn't get much help back in 2015.
Test the battery before you pull the starter again. A weak battery even with a jump sometimes won't fly.
'69 G10, straight 6, 3 onatree, jumped at me when I had a pocketful of cash looking for a spare astro. :)

Topic author
Bizzyb

Post by Bizzyb »

Just ordered up another starter...said f***k it... there cheap...I’ll give it a shot. I bought it drove it approx 200 mi. Blew head gasket... parked in the yard and it sat for a while until I had the heads done .... then reassembled.. to spec throughout. Attempted to start , it cranked for a while, got few backfires out of it.. and then it just lost ite ummf on cranking.. figured it was batt. Issue..I can manually crank the motor over and all compression is there but starter just won’t crank... I think I had distributor in backwards...just corrected that and there it sits. i just ordered another starter... will see... I just don’t have time.. I do construction and just need a sprinter van or something.... I got 2 other trucks. Need a work van or something.key turns, solenoid clicks, starter engages but no go... batt. Showing 12V

Topic author
Bizzyb

Post by Bizzyb »

I’m gonna pull the batt . I’m the morn... it’s a deep cycle exide that I purchased w big reserve to run the 2 compressors. I’ll drop batt off to get tested tomorrow.... it’s worth more running definitely ....

WoodButcher
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by WoodButcher »

Deep cycle for starter? I don't know that they produce the CCA, you need the Amperes!

Lol, I know how it goes. I've been pretending to be a carpenter for many years, almost old enough to retire but I'll always be too poor.
All my vans get used for work occasionally, i even ran the '69 for a week this summer.