Torsion bars needed source???

General technical discussion and troubleshooting

Astrophysics
I sleep in my van

Re: Torsion bars needed source???

Post by Astrophysics »

Hi ,

The OEM bump stop has a M10 threaded stud and an alignment pin to prevent rotation.

1. I suppose one could Fab an adapter plate to allow the Timbren to be better centered.

2. The other idea that I toyed with, was added 1 or 2 heavy wrought type flat washers to increase the stak up height by 1/8" or more to force the rubber spring into a bit of pre load. But the clearance on bottom of Timbren to get the deep socket on would be even tighter is stack up was increased.

3. Another possible improvement to make install easier would be to install a Riv nut threaded insert or weld in a nut plate to the upper frame so that blind mating of hex nut is not needed. OR better yet , have Timbren put a threaded insert on top of the rubber cone so that a short bolt could be inserted from above and thread into the Timbren

AP

Herbie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Herbie »

Glad you have some positive results. Mine are on the coming.... slowly.
"My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
2003 Astro AWD Astrolander/ZMB - GTRV Top Transplant, 4" OLV Lift, NP233 T-case, evolving interior
1995 Safari GTRV Organ donor - gutted and gone.

Astrophysics
I sleep in my van

Post by Astrophysics »

Hi,

I tried to speak by phone today with Brian at Sway-Away in San Fernando Valley, but he is on vacation until next Tuesday.

I wanted to see if he has any status updates on firmer torsion bars.

AP