85-94 Vacuum Diagrams

Air filter, throttle, sensors, vacuum, etc.

Topic author
Someone
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

85-94 Vacuum Diagrams

Post by Someone »

Originally Posted By SOCALLI V8

Here are the heating /ac vacuum diagrams for the `85-`94 Astro
'98 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
'89 4Runner SAS'ed, 38.5SX's, Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel
'98 Suburban K2500, Cummins 24Valve, 5spd 4x4
'03 VW Jetta TDI
'78 Vette 350 4spd

www.vehiclefleetsolutions.ca

tripplec
I am smitten with my van

Vacum Lines

Post by tripplec »

Well I just had my doghouse off yesterday. I haven't had it off for a few years. Some major work done by mechanic and they worked under there. Well I could not believe how cramped it was. One repair I had done was head gaskets since the pastic ones GM put in a prone to leaking by the A/C compressor mounts.

I was looking to see the state of the vacumn line replaced 4 years back that controls the vent/foot/defrost selector. Well I could only find one coming back behind the oil fill pipe which went toward the rear heat solenoid area. I was under there with my 2 million candle power lantern. I even managed to get the doghouse right out of the footwell area (an almost impossible feat I'd say without taking out a seat). Still nothing else to see. Barely enough room for my body.

The diagrams above must be entirely different on a 96 Astro W block LT model but certainly would be helpful if someone comes across one. Pulling the doghouse out is serious endevour and not one to do often.

I still thinking of finishing the + power run from the alternator for the Big Three wiring upgrade but can't get at the back of the alternator. I will have to pull the whole breather system out at least and hope not to short it out. For this I would certainly disconnect the battery first but maybe a retrofit for the block on rails like server. Slide it out, service it and slide it back in is needed.
Astro AWD LT 1996
315,000km,
rear leaf, tranny cooler, Hercules HP 4000 235P-70/15
CLASS III hitch
Markham, ON, Canada

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: 85-94 Vacuum Diagrams

Post by Rebel »

Good to find this info. a year and a half later. Thanks for posting. :supz:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

I have the diagrams for the 96+ floating around here somewhere I'll post em up for ya when I find em.

Edit ok I found it but it's in PDF format and it's from a 98 FSM so it may not being exact but it's almost definitely closer than a pre 96. Fire me an email at potskie A T Hotmail.com and I'll send it to ya.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

markmitchinnh
I sleep in my van

Post by markmitchinnh »

Any chance you have the diagrams for the engine vacuum? I have a few missing lines and such I need to replace but I don't really know what goes where and my haynes manual does not have it.
Recently bought a 1989 Astro RS from Florida. Replaced stock engine witha 1997 5.7 vortec with TBI and replaced transmission with rebuilt 700R4 with mild shift kit.
Bought on Monday the 16th of April 2012