NYS Metal shaping meet

Discussion about member get-togethers

Topic author
1Gary
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

NYS Metal shaping meet

Post by 1Gary »

This is from the web site about metal shaping.If you want to learn from experts in that field Mary Comstock and his father are some of the best.

Dutch Meet in Herkimer NY July 7-12

Well, its that time of year again to mark it on your calendard, the official Dutch Meet in Herkimer NY will be happening this year July 7-12 thursday untill Tuesday. Some folk will come earlier, some will stay later, but thats the jist of it. I put in an order with mother natire for some cooler weather this year too.

Bring a small carry in project if you like, we also have some projects here to play with. Dad's mailbox has been sitting in the shop too long taking up space If you have a large project youd like to bring, please contact me.

Please e-mail me MartyComstock@hotmail.com with your intentions so I can try to get a head count for our saturday food festival.

No cost to come to this event, donations are welcomed though. Doggy treats are especially enjoyed by the welcoming committee!

I will gather lodging info from last years thread, and post it here.

Maybe my good super cool shape of the month friend Ken Burt will update our banner, he is cool like that!
See y'all in July!

Marty

I do take care where I post stuff like this and I am posting here only to what I consider having responsible mature members.If you want to do custom work,these guys will teach you how.
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: NYS Metal shaping meet

Post by Smiliesafari »

That's a very cool site. Thanks for posting it. I've been watching those guys for a while now and I'm most impressed with their skill. For all of us car guys it's worth a look. Some of those guys are building outrageous cars from scratch.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
1Gary
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: NYS Metal shaping meet

Post by 1Gary »

There is a good size tree stump across the street from me.Just can't figure how I would get it into my van to take to the shop.It is so heavy I can't move it.They are used to shape metal.

Dutch offer a challenge to the members there.Make a bowl.Take a light gauge sheet metal and hammer form it into a smooth bowl.Fun project you might want to try guys if you have scrap metal around.You'll be surprised how hard that is.Makes you think about the each hit of a hammer. :-k
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY