Sneak peak...SAS!!!

Topic author
gabequest
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Sneak peak...SAS!!!

Post by gabequest »

If wanting to run 33's, my Ford axle is perfect because it puts the outer edge of the tire at about the same place as the stock axle with 31's. At this point since my 31's have a bunch of life and I'd like to bump out the wheel base, I've order 1.25" spacers. I'll then go with 33x12.5 since I calculated highway RPM's for this tire size (4:11's should put me just over 2000rpm at 70mph), and have had the computer programed for 33's (last time i sent it in to have another O2 sensor programed in).

My ford 9 inch rear now has a trac-loc posi and 4:11's...couldn't justify an air locker. Posi front and rear should be all I need. So my advice is go for the 9 inch but measure the axles to make sure you'll be able to clear the door with the tire size you prefer. Also, mine is 5 on 5.5 which is 1/2 ton. Couldnt pass up the deal on them, however the stock radius arms sit pretty low to maintain caster angle. I have to find extended, angled arms and have new brackets mounted to cross member...but that'll cost around $800 if I can't find them used (off early bronco I think, but hard to find).
2004 Astro AWD
4inch Overland lift, 265/70/16, Poptop Colorado CamperVan, 11inch Roof Fan, Custom Bumper...more to come on the interior

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

gabequest wrote:Couldnt pass up the deal on them, however the stock radius arms sit pretty low to maintain caster angle. I have to find extended, angled arms and have new brackets mounted to cross member...but that'll cost around $800 if I can't find them used (off early bronco I think, but hard to find).
Why not do it the easy way... Bronco Graveyard "C" bushing kits... :muhaha:
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Rotor
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by Rotor »

gabequest wrote:I've got to get more pics up, but currently spending too much time redoing the interior around my "new to me" westafalia kitchen....almost done!
Got any pics of this yet?