Lifting your 2WD astro/safari

FROM FIBERGLASS MONOLEAFS TO AIR BAGS, STOCK HEIGHT TO BODY SLAMMED, EVERYTHING EXCEPT LIFTS GO HERE.

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Lifting your 2WD astro/safari

Post by doyoulikeithere »

Your Right. I have an email for him, I should give it a try....
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.

AquaAngel
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by AquaAngel »

JoeJITSU wrote:Every shop here wants at least $1000 because of the bodylift with the pucks. They say they have to gut the inside and get to some bolts. I noticed on the tutorial that you don't do that. Is this pretty safe?
i know this is a pretty old post, but i have a lot of people asking the same thing concerning the Pucks. I personally wouldn't recommend it. in a long run? there will be a lot of stress on it and just to be on the safe side? if the insurance company looks at it "if you get hit" you will be at fault. So i did mine with the 2" aluminum spacer. You could go as high as 3", but wouldn't recommend anything higher.
93 Astro Van army blue [V8/350/5.7L]
------------

Chevy owned:
93 Astro cargo Van "Phantom Rebel"
98 GMC Safari AWD
09 GMC C5500 6.6L, Duramax "3 ton truck"

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by doyoulikeithere »

JoeJITSU wrote:Every shop here wants at least $1000 because of the bodylift with the pucks. They say they have to gut the inside and get to some bolts. I noticed on the tutorial that you don't do that. Is this pretty safe?
Sounds like ChevyMaher ! Lol... sounds like roadapples.
Theres lottsa people out there who quote on jobs that they dont even understand.
Saying stuff that just isnt true, and charging prices that are just out to lunch.
Watch your back. theres people like that out there everywhere, ready to do you a favour.
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.

George1571
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by George1571 »

It may be possible that you can give me the measurement of the thickness of the coil overland 3".
I have several coil to compare and choose the most similar to lift my 88 astro. This photo is a CC650 moog for 2500/3500 van. (.90 thick), the 1500 moog coil is (.87)

thanks

George
Puerto Rico
Attachments
coil diameter thickness.jpg