Trailer wiring question

Topic author
marco10
I am smitten with my van

Trailer wiring question

Post by marco10 »

OK. I see the wiring diagram posted, Now what about the light green wire? Back-up lights? Is that not used? Also does anybody know how to run the wires from the inside Jack Housing to the outside and under the van? I want to install a car end trailer plug beside the hitch but not sure how to bring the wires from inside to outside under the van? Thanks.

Someone
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Someone »

I believe that normally you just through the wires out the back door and close the door on them... there are no holes in the body to put the plug threw. On the drivers side if you look under the van there is a little rubber flap... if you move it there is a small hole big enough for a single wire to feed threw, I used it to install back-up alarms.

on the passenger side you will need to drill your own hole, make sure you use some rust protector and a grommet to avoid problems down the road... In my opinion you are propably better to just pull the wires out the back door when you are using them.. unless you are using them constantly
'98 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
'89 4Runner SAS'ed, 38.5SX's, Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel
'98 Suburban K2500, Cummins 24Valve, 5spd 4x4
'03 VW Jetta TDI
'78 Vette 350 4spd

www.vehiclefleetsolutions.ca

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

There is a slight depression where the back doors meet (on a 95 with dutch doors ) that allows you to lay the wire in and close the doors

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

The light green wire is for the center high mount stop lamp. It isn't used on most trailers.
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy