Parts

General technical discussion and troubleshooting

Topic author
LittleGiant
I am merely driving my van

Parts

Post by LittleGiant »

I am very close to completing the gutting of my 1995 GMC G2500 Vandura. I'm starting to put a few things together now while I finish the last little things that need to be torn out. I am having some challenges finding a few parts and hoping someone could help. I have searched my typical sites with not luck. Rock Auto, 1A Auto, Parts Geek, Car Parts, Ebay, etc. I am looking a few things.

1. The light bulb that aluminates the selected gear on the console. The bulb looks good, but I figured I would try a new one. If that doesn't work then I have to figure out what I need to do to get it work. I hate chasing wires.
2. An instrument cluster. I have had my radiator essentially rebuilt and it's amazing. I've also installed a new TSU and Thermostat, but the temp on the cluster is reading low - around 120. These vans typically run around 190. I had it tested and it's definitely the cluster. Thoughts on an aftermarket cluster?
3. I have a high top and I'm missing the red cover for the center high mount brake light (3rd brake light). Can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm thinking I could get a "universal" one and just splice the wires together. Hopefully I find the red cover.
4. I have power windows and doors. The front driver and passenger power doors work perfectly, but the side cargo door and rear cargo door do not have the actuator in them anymore. Looks like I need to run the wires from those doors and/or install a new actuator and hook it to the lock. Thoughts on an aftermarket one? I would love to have a key fob.

Thanks!

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Parts

Post by MountainManJoe »

2nd reminder: Please post your question in the correct section. Thank you.

Moving your post ... again.

MountainManJoe

Re: Parts

Post by MountainManJoe »

LittleGiant wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:51 pm I am having some challenges finding a few parts
I think the auto recyclers are your only hope. Otherwise you will have to start getting creative with your fabrication skills.

Topic author
LittleGiant

Center High Top brake light - 3rd brake light

Post by LittleGiant »

My van is a high top and is missing the red cover for the rear center high top brake light. The problem is this, the high top is (as almost all are) not done at the original factory so it doesn't have a GM part number. I've looked at the housing for name with no luck. I've scoured the interwebs with no luck. I'm thinking of buying a universal one and just splicing the wires together. Thoughts on that and/or locating a replacement cover? Thanks

MountainManJoe

Re: Center High Top brake light - 3rd brake light

Post by MountainManJoe »

You already posted this. Please don't duplicate your question. Merging topics.