2008 Express key fob relearn

General technical discussion and troubleshooting

Topic author
allisd17
I am merely driving my van

2008 Express key fob relearn

Post by allisd17 »

Will not enter relearn menu. Any thoughts?

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: 2008 Express key fob relearn

Post by MountainManJoe »

Programming and Relearning

Transmitter Programming

Next Available Slot

Important:
* On some vehicles, keyless entry transmitters may also be programmed using the driver information center (DIC). Refer to the vehicle owners manual for information.

* Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

This procedure will program keyless entry transmitters in sequential order. If two transmitters are currently learned to the vehicle as transmitters 1 and 2, using this procedure will learn the next transmitter are transmitter 3, and so on.

1. With a scan tool, access the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Module Setup menu. Select Program Key Fobs.
2. Select Next Available Slot. The vehicle chime will sound two times to indicate programming mode has been entered. Follow the on-screen instructions. After each transmitter has been programmed, the vehicle chime will sound to confirm the programming.
3. When all the desired transmitters have been programmed, cycle the ignition from ON to OFF, exit the vehicle, and operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Invalidate All Fobs

Important:
* On some vehicles, keyless entry transmitters may also be programmed using the driver information center (DIC). Refer to the vehicle owners manual for information.

* All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. Once the Invalidate All Fobs selection is made, all learned transmitters are erased. If all the existing transmitters associated with the vehicle are not learned at this time, they will become inoperative and require additional programming.

* Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

This procedure will first erase all known keyless entry transmitters. After all transmitters are erased, the procedure will being to program keyless entry transmitters in sequential order, beginning with transmitter 1.

1. With a scan tool, access the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Module Setup menu. Select Program Key Fobs.
2. Select Invalidate All Fobs. This will erase all learned transmitters and prepare the RCDLR to learn new transmitters. Follow the on-screen instructions. After each transmitter has been programmed, the vehicle chime will sound to confirm the programming.
3. When all the desired transmitters have been programmed, cycle the ignition from ON to OFF, exit the vehicle, and operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Topic author
allisd17

Post by allisd17 »

Van has a DIC. I'm at "Press to relearn remote key" stage. Set/Reset button should bring up "Key learning active" but doesn't.
Does this mean a scan tool is required? Thanks.

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by MountainManJoe »

That would be my next step. A locksmith might be able to help you. Hopefully the receiver hasn't gone bad.