Important announcement regarding ASV

Questions, comments, criticisms, issues, suggestions, praise etc related to this Forum
(Please do not post van questions)

Topic author
astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Important announcement regarding ASV

Post by astrozam »

Attention ASV members:

There have been many questions asked over the past week about what the role of ASV will be now that A.S has been purchased and brought back online.
The simple answer to that is, that ASV will continue to operate as it has the past yr and a half, which is to say "as its own site"

The days when ASV served as the back-up site for A.S have LONG SINCE PASSED, and it would be not only a waste of a valuable resource, but a slap to the members who have donated both their time,money and resources to have this site relegated to that of a back-up board.

Over the past yr and a half ASV has slowly grown into what it is TODAY and that is "The PREMIER Astro/Safari van website on the Internet"

A.S was (in the past) about the COMMUNITY of members which freely donated their time, money, knowledge to the site,however due to circumstances the site began to downgrade and a new stable home needed to be found for the membership,ASV was born of that need and is now that home.

We do not wish any malice towards the new ownership of A.S, Starting a new site is difficult as we have found out,alot of time and effort are put into it,the time and effort spent on ASV will not be squandered.

ASV is staying right where it is, at the forefront of the knowledge base for Astro/Safari vans, we hope that those who have supported us will continue to support the efforts of all those working hard to make this site the very best it can be,Thank you.

Justice
LiftedAWDAstro
Astrozam

Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Important announcement regarding ASV

Post by Fire Cakes »

=D> Very well said. \:D/
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Hey Zam, I'm a dedicated member. No questions. AS might be the backup site for me. I'm here for the long run. Thanks to you and the others that have made this the BEST Astro/Safari site. =D> =D> =D>
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

astrozam wrote:Attention ASV members:

There have been many questions asked over the past week about what the role of ASV will be now that A.S has been purchased and brought back online.
The simple answer to that is, that ASV will continue to operate as it has the past yr and a half, which is to say "as its own site"

The days when ASV served as the back-up site for A.S have LONG SINCE PASSED, and it would be not only a waste of a valuable resource, but a slap to the members who have donated both their time,money and resources to have this site relegated to that of a back-up board.

Over the past yr and a half ASV has slowly grown into what it is TODAY and that is "The PREMIER Astro/Safari van website on the Internet"

A.S was (in the past) about the COMMUNITY of members which freely donated their time, money, knowledge to the site,however due to circumstances the site began to downgrade and a new stable home needed to be found for the membership,ASV was born of that need and is now that home.

We do not wish any malice towards the new ownership of A.S, Starting a new site is difficult as we have found out,alot of time and effort are put into it,the time and effort spent on ASV will not be squandered.

ASV is staying right where it is, at the forefront of the knowledge base for Astro/Safari vans, we hope that those who have supported us will continue to support the efforts of all those working hard to make this site the very best it can be,Thank you.

Justice
LiftedAWDAstro
Astrozam

Magnificent.

My one wish is that I could have been a part of writing this.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

justice
I sleep in my van

Post by justice »

In a way Rob, you probably were. :D
I have a ban hammer and I ain't fraid to use it!

Current - 2004 Astro Cargo

Former
95 Safari (money pit - sold)
93 Astro Cargo (totaled)
85 Astro - (Bought for parts and scrapped)
92 Astro Conversion (sold)
87 Safari Shorty (sold)

astrogurl
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by astrogurl »

I couldn't agree more that ASV is a seperate entity. However, as I know the man repairing the major problems with the threads and putting the information back into public use, I'll be over there a lot. Austin was the first Astrosafarian to welcome me to the site, and I know his record.

And for the record, the independence feeling is totally mutual. Austin is not spending his time trying to sabotage your membership! He is occupied repairing the board, if you don't want to use it, fine.

In his words from a letter to me:
"Please let them keep ASV going! There is nothing wrong with having two forums I would just prefer to see my favorite site of all time resurrected and the members altogether in one place. If that is not possible then so be it. Best of luck and kudos for what they've done."
03 "Pewter" Astro AWD stock
early 90s Astro currently under the knife

Topic author
astrozam

Post by astrozam »

Thank-you for letting us know how Austin feels gurl,I'm sure he is quite happy in having such a loyal member as you helping out,please return our regards.

However, this thread is for how WE at (ASV) are going to handle the situation from OUR perspective,its not about A.S's view on matters,they have already posted that info on their site. We'll keep this thread for us.

astrogurl

Post by astrogurl »

I'm sorry I didn't realize I didn't count as an ASV member as well.

LiftedAWDAstro

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Gurl, it's not that you don't count as a member of ASV, it's just if we want to know how Austin feels, we will do 1 of several things. We will read his forum(s), we will register on his as.com forum or we will directly ask him. He has posted how he feels, this thread is for how we feel and how we should handle ourselves.
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Zam you & Justice have done more than a fine job here. This is a fabulous site. Some of the best friendships I have come straight from this wonderful group of people here. I appreciate all the efforts being put into making both of these sites wonderful resources for all of us at our fingertips. I have no ill feelings against anyone at either site & only love & gratitude for all that's being done by & for everyone at both. And I fully intend to utilize & socialize at both sites. I wish everyone success at both ASV & AS for many many years to come. I feel blessed to have both ASV & AS as a part of my life.
That's my opinion:)
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

astrogurl

Post by astrogurl »

LiftedAWDAstro wrote:He has posted how he feels, this thread is for how we feel and how we should handle ourselves.
OK, you want how we feel....I feel you aren't giving him a fair shake. As far as telling me how to handle myself--I think I've been rather restrained in not posting publicly previously...

LiftedAWDAstro

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Amanda...lets take this to pm's. PM is being sent.
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

moboman
I get chills without my van.

Post by moboman »

I joined AS not to long ago and I don't know any of you. I am very appreciative of the help that I have gotten, tips, and ideas as well. I also bought a couple of things from SuicideDoor guy in Canada.

I just wish you guys would stop acting like babies. Alright its two different sites. I think ASV probably has better more knowledgeable members than AS does. I dont say this knocking AS, but you guys act like AS is the enemy, they are fellow astro owners and people that want to make a difference.

Zam, can you just delete everyone's post and just leaves yours? That would make the most sense.

Topic author
astrozam

Post by astrozam »

Mobo, I don't expect that a newcomer to the site would understand the relationship between ASV and A.S.
Now, calling the members BABIES is NOT adding anything beneficial to this discussion is it.

I could have kept the announcement a read only,however, I wasn't anticipating one of our own Moderators bashing us simply because we made a statement on OUR OWN site,up until then all the comments had been supportive.

Now,we've made our statement,its best to let the matter rest,we don't want any further people mis-reading what was stated earlier and causing any further divisions between the two sites.