Another Visit to Cali

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
e7ats
I finally get the smurf thing

Another Visit to Cali

Post by e7ats »

I'm back in Cali for a 2 week visit. Well, not much of a visit as I am here for work. Will be here for 2 weeks. I am in Stockton so if anyone wants to stop in and visit, let me know.
2003 AWD ASTRO Personal van

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Re: Another Visit to Cali

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Where`s Stockton PJ?
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

6spd_monte
I sleep in my van

Post by 6spd_monte »

According to Google maps, Stockton is near Tracy, Ca. (which is where the 24 Hours of LeMons was held last October). It's near where the I-5 and I-580 meet, about 380 miles north of me in Orange County.
-James

1987 LT
249,000 miles

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

e7ats wrote:I'm back in Cali for a 2 week visit. Well, not much of a visit as I am here for work. Will be here for 2 weeks. I am in Stockton so if anyone wants to stop in and visit, let me know.
At least it's not Fresno........ #-o
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

Topic author
e7ats

Post by e7ats »

Yeah, that is a 5 and a half hour drive for you 2 (depending on speed :muhaha: )

I would love to visit the USS Midway in San Diego but that would be a 6 and a half hour drive one way. This was the ship my dad was stationed on. Will have to make a special trip with him for that one.
2003 AWD ASTRO Personal van

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Oh, Gurl must LOVE these "2 weeks away" things. :whistle: (NOT!)
Isn't Stockton some kinda motorcycle kingdom or something? Or was that in another state. :rolleyes: I dunno, saw it on TV once.
In any case, enjoy & have a safe trip back, Mr PJ!
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

astrogurl

Post by astrogurl »

Aw I'm not doing too bad :) Getting a lot done. New legs on the sleeper sofa. Found a bunch of my paints and wood stains. Repaired the computer mouse.

A couple of years ago I bought a cheapo 30 dollar tool set for myself figuring he'd let it alone. Boy was I wrong. Haven't been able to find my tools for a long time. This week I found some of my tool set in and amongst his old tool box, which I've commandeered and hid. lol O:)
03 "Pewter" Astro AWD stock
early 90s Astro currently under the knife

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

That's happened to me too , Gurl. No tool is ever safe.
But if I'm really lucky Mr D/L gives me some of his cast-offs. Then, he sometimes takes them back. What a guy. :muhaha:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

To second Trybe's comment, at least it's not Fresno. I once won a first place prize for a one week all expenses paid vacation in Fresno. second place prize was two weeks in Fresno.
got the t-shirt to prove it.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

They would be more appropriate as last place prizes.........
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

kings-x59 wrote:To second Trybe's comment, at least it's not Fresno. I once won a first place prize for a one week all expenses paid vacation in Fresno. second place prize was two weeks in Fresno.
got the t-shirt to prove it.
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

O.k,I'll bite, Whats wrong with Fresno??

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

Nothing really, just a college town. There are certainly nicer places to visit though. I was there a few years back for work. The Texas equivilant would College Station. Nada to do there unless your entire itinerary is to get tanked at the Dixie Chicken. Not your class A tourist destination.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

kings-x59 wrote:Nothing really, just a college town. There are certainly nicer places to visit though. I was there a few years back for work. The Texas equivilant would College Station. Nada to do there unless your entire itinerary is to get tanked at the Dixie Chicken. Not your class A tourist destination.
O.K then, Fresno is officially crossed off the "places I must visit before I die itinerary" LOL

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

good call.

name's Steve