how-to turn sig cancelation spring replacement

ANYTHING TO DO WITH MAKING YOUR VAN MOVE EXCEPT FOR THE ENGINE ITSELF.

Topic author
tbhager94
I sleep in my van

how-to turn sig cancelation spring replacement

Post by tbhager94 »

heres how i fixed my turn sig problem, my turn sig would not turn off after a turn.
first disconect the battery.
then you have to remove the air bag if you have one, theres 4 10mm bolts on the back of the air bag.
with that off you need to un-hook the air bag connector and horn. wire.
then you remove the nut on the sterring wheel i used a adj wrench so im not sure of the size maby a 21mm,then you need a puller to remove the wheel
''DO NOT TRY TO USE A HAMMER TO TAKE THE WHEEL OFF, IT WILL DAMAGE THE GUTS INSIDE THE COLOUMN''
with the wheel off theres the air bag thing lol(i dont know what it is called) theres a snap ring holding this in, you need to push the air bag thing in while removing the ring.
then there the steering lock ring , on top of that is another ring that is held in with 2 t15 torx screws,the lock ring is held in with a snap ring also and is spring loaded, so ya gotta be careful when you get the snap ring off the lock ring will pop out.
now youre at the turn sig assy, youll see the springs one for the left and one for the right, one of mine was broken so i stole some from my parts car.
its alot of work to just replace a spring but ive done it on a couple vechiles now im getting good at it, all that took about 1 1/2 hrs start to finish. i hope this helps some one out , this was done on a 1994 astro.
if anyone wants to add to this feel free.
2000 chev blazer 4x4
If its got tits or wheels, its gonna give you problems!
im sure we all know the #1 junk yard rule if it fits in your pocket its free.

Mr_Roboto
I sleep in my van

Post by Mr_Roboto »

nice how-to, btw there are a few subtle differences in the earlier columns but this is pretty much the gist of it. I ended up doing the same thing, sorta funny how you can go for a few years without one of these springs and forget how nice they are when you have em.

Topic author
tbhager94
I sleep in my van

Re: how-to turn sig cancelation spring replacement

Post by tbhager94 »

can this be sticked ??
2000 chev blazer 4x4
If its got tits or wheels, its gonna give you problems!
im sure we all know the #1 junk yard rule if it fits in your pocket its free.

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

tbhager94 wrote:can this be sticked ??
Even better,it could live on forever if you post it in our Tech Gallery :poke: :cheers:

Water Boy
I sleep in my van

Post by Water Boy »

My left turn spring has been broke for a year now.
I keep thinkin' ...sum day......

But, the worst part is that when I drive the other cars, I keep returning the left signal. :dunce:
I was told getting my beauty sleep was a waste of time.

1990 Astro (Z motor) mostly original @ 343,584 miles (552,944.8488960001 Canadian) (03/2008). Bad startup puff. Starting to spray for skeeters. Gone 06/07/08.
1993 Astro with a bad W motor. Parked next to a chicken coop in Talking Rock GA
I'm 'tween Canton and Holly Springs (North NorthWest of Atlanta GA)
I haul bottled water everyday- between 500 and 2500 pounds (226.796185 and 1,133.980925 Canadian) INSIDE the van.