I got a new steeering wheel (yipee)

ANYTHING TO DO WITH MAKING YOUR VAN MOVE EXCEPT FOR THE ENGINE ITSELF.

Topic author
violent b
I finally get the smurf thing

I got a new steeering wheel (yipee)

Post by violent b »

My old stock '95 Astro steering wheel was ugly, in not great shape, did I mention ugly? Anyway, I bought a Grant steering wheel and the steering wheel adapter and went from this:

to this:

I have so much more room now. I got the Grant 11" foam grip wheel, nothing like old school. I had to trim away about 1/4" of the plastic from the steering column so the adapter would turn correctly. So that's one more thing off the list to do to the Astro. now on to build the interior...
The Midget and Monkey madman!

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: I got a new steeering wheel (yipee)

Post by SafariRob »

Looks great, VB. Other than the trimming you mention, did the adapter fit with no problem on an airbag equipped column? I've always wondered if the adapter would work on a later vehicle.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

Topic author
violent b
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: I got a new steeering wheel (yipee)

Post by violent b »

I'm guessing there is no difference between the airbag and non-airbag columns. they just don't want you to disable the airbag, plus it's illegal. OOooooo...I'm in trouble......HAHAHA!!!

the adapter fit right on, no problems at all.
The Midget and Monkey madman!