LT1 SWAP

SWAPPING IN A 305, 350 OR ANY OTHER SMALL BLOCK, POST THEM HERE.

mikedamech
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: LT1 SWAP

Post by mikedamech »

Yeah and with out a park, neutral safety switch sounds like I won't be driving my van in the near future.
98 Astro with a 95 LT1
94 Astro stock w/Flo master.

mikedamech

Post by mikedamech »

Drove the van today, woot woot. I was missing the power to the tranny at the plug in. I have to move the park neutral switch by hand so I was thinking of taking the shift shaft from the astro and putting it in the Caprice tranny. Has anyone done this as when rebuilding a trans I don't think you have to remove it?
98 Astro with a 95 LT1

mikedamech

Post by mikedamech »

I drove it all weekend and it was awesome. It's cool when at a stop light the vehicle next to me wants to get in front of me and I slowly axcelerate and leave them in the dust. It has a few small issues, look at all the pretty lights on the dash. I have pictures and am figuring out how to post them. Mike
98 Astro with a 95 LT1

Rockwerx

Post by Rockwerx »

It sure is fun playing with hotrods that would normally blow the doors off our favourite vans! We will look forward to see some pics of your new creation! Go ahead and start a new thread and tell us about your swap and any issues that you came up against. Welcome to the V8 club!
1988 V8 Safari Panel
1985 V8 Astro Panel
1990 V8 Astro LT AWD Lifted
1988 V6 Astro Panel
1990 V6 Astro Panel
1991 V6 Safari SLT AWD bad engine knock
19?? V6 Safari SLT for parts

mikedamech

Post by mikedamech »

Hey rockwerx, your signature looks like My use to have list, 14 Astros and Safaris, and they all ran pretty good all though no V8s. I loaded some pictures on photo bucket and couldn't figure out how to get them on here.
98 Astro with a 95 LT1

Rockwerx

Post by Rockwerx »

I keep finding them around here (like lost puppies) but my wife won't let me bring any more home! lol

On Photobucket you just click on the lnk button. This will copy the url address link to your clip board. Then when you post hit Ctrl V and your link will be added to your posting. Try it and see! You might have to practice to get it to work...easy stuff once you know how.
1988 V8 Safari Panel
1985 V8 Astro Panel
1990 V8 Astro LT AWD Lifted
1988 V6 Astro Panel
1990 V6 Astro Panel
1991 V6 Safari SLT AWD bad engine knock
19?? V6 Safari SLT for parts

mikedamech

Post by mikedamech »

This is a miles per gallon post. My gas gauge isn't well and I filled up today after a week of driving, it took 21 gallons and I think I'm getting 10 MPG. Can that be so? I am enjoying driving but trying to not get a ticket. I was hoping for 15.
98 Astro with a 95 LT1

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Don't make yourself sick over mpg issues 'till you've gotten all the bugs worked out. Also, you do realize that you have to drive like a normal human being in order to get the best gas mileage, right? :poke: :yawinkle:

Check for codes also
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

wagonmaster

Post by wagonmaster »

am enjoying driving but trying to not get a ticket. I was hoping for 15.
I KNOW just how you feel! When I put my stroker in my S-10 a while back, I was so elated with the power that I "couldn't help myself"... MPG around town was i the 8-10 MPG range...Once I "got over" the new found power it improved to 12-14 in town and 17-18 on the highway. That was without overdrive and it had 3.73 gears! Relax, it'll get better!
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!
My cars/trucks and bikes on http://www.picturetrail.com/wagonmaster55

mikedamech

Post by mikedamech »

Thanks WM.
98 Astro with a 95 LT1

Xephius
I get chills without my van.

Post by Xephius »

Hey Mike,

I am gald to hear you got your ride going. I had to take a several month brake on my conversion, but am going back into it this afternoon. I am putting a LT1 from a Firebird in mine, similar problems, but its in. I still have to finish the wire harness, btw I used the guys at LT1SWAP.COM to build my harness, it was soo worth it. Very pro setup. I am going to get wired up this afternoon and if I can get the fuel lines, start it. I had a ton of mods to my motor. Drop me an email if you are free to have a phone call this afternoon, I would love to talk to you.

X
-=John=-
1995 Chevy Panel Wagon - Stillen Body Kit, 3" Drop, Rear Sway Bar, Billet Grille, 18" Wheels with Yokohama Wrappers. LT1- .060 Hyper Pistons, Blueprinted and balanced, all ARP, LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6:1 SS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Elderbrock Headers, PCM Tuned with LT4 Knock Module, Aeromotive AFPR, 2800 Stall, Hardened 4L60E, Posi 3.72:1 Diff
Getting:
100HP Shot Zex Wet Nitrous Kit.... Why? If you have to ask, you won't understand....

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Another V8 member...... :supz:
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc