New Section request

Questions, comments, criticisms, issues, suggestions, praise etc related to this Forum
(Please do not post van questions)

Topic author
Xephius
I get chills without my van.

New Section request

Post by Xephius »

Dear Admins....

I would like to humbly ask that you consider with your great wisdom the request that I have brought before you today. I am the new owner of a 1995 Chevrolet G20 Conversion van. And upon searching the web for a community of like minded individuals interested in Chevy full sized vans, I could find none. There are a few general van, and general Chevy boards, but not a concentrated and established community like we have here.

While I understand that the primary focus of this board is on our loved Astro's and Safari vans, I would like to request that a new section be added to support those of us with the bigger brothers to these vans. I think a single topic addition of "Full Sized Vans" would be great. The two platforms share the V6 engine, and with many of the current users converting to V8's the knowledge base is sure to increase and be mutually beneficial.

Finally, it could be argued that the name ASTROSAFARIVANS.COM stands to mean Astros, Safaris and (Chevy/GM) Vans.

I hope this request falls favorably upon you in your infinite wisdom of forums. As I am sure you are well aware, throwing up a forums on a website does not make a community, it is the people who frequent it. I ask that you open our family to help those of us who don't have a place like this to go... I promise we will do our best to not be malcontents and disruptions... much.

X
-=John=-
1995 Chevy Panel Wagon - Stillen Body Kit, 3" Drop, Rear Sway Bar, Billet Grille, 18" Wheels with Yokohama Wrappers. LT1- .060 Hyper Pistons, Blueprinted and balanced, all ARP, LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6:1 SS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Elderbrock Headers, PCM Tuned with LT4 Knock Module, Aeromotive AFPR, 2800 Stall, Hardened 4L60E, Posi 3.72:1 Diff
Getting:
100HP Shot Zex Wet Nitrous Kit.... Why? If you have to ask, you won't understand....

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: New Section request

Post by peter »

HEATHEN! BLASPHEMEOUS WORSHIPPER OF SATANIC GODS! WHAT ARE YOU, CRAZY?

You prolly have a point :muhaha: . But this site was designed as one which caters exclusively to the Astro/Safari platform. I would think that implementing your suggestion would simply turn ASV into "yet another GM truck site". But that's just my opinion. I guess the Admin Gods will be the ones to tell you what they're willing to do :yawinkle:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

Jim in Indy
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Jim in Indy »

I'm still after a 'Men's Health' section... but I'd settle with a smiley with a cane.
Indy, all the horsepower you could ever imagine in one place...
Indianapolis 500, MotoGP, 400 at the Brickyard, NHRA US Nationals.

1991 Safari GT, 'B' motor, factory 4.10's. Original Owner !!!

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

peter wrote:But this site was designed as one which caters exclusively to the Astro/Safari platform. I would think that implementing your suggestion would simply turn ASV into "yet another GM truck site". But that's just my opinion. I guess the Admin Gods will be the ones to tell you what they're willing to do :yawinkle:
As only 1 of 3 admins...I agree with Peter (should I even say that? :-s ) that we are exclusive to the Astro and Safari vans.

Adding another section for "full sized vans" will not get you the technical forum you are looking for. It would be simply a diluted section with any and all info which may or may not be technically correct. We have an "Off Topic" section where you can post questions on your G20 van. If you have the 4.3, 5.0 or 5.7 engines and 700R4/4L60E transmission then you could post up technical questions in the appropriate section.
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

but I'd settle with a smiley with a cane.
:muhaha:
Not there yet but working on it pretty steady. Remodeling this house should wind me up and will be in need of a small room with checker board at the home, possibly equipt with very soft walls and padded bed posts.

Large van section,,,why would that be ? :-k
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

That's not a bad idea. :-k I especially like the part about malcontents. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

For those of us and I may be the only one who didn't have a clue, here is a little help on this word. :yawinkle: This is one we don't often sling around at the 96.

The most important thing about the malcontent, is that he is malcontent—unhappy, unsettled, displeased with the world as he sees it—not at ease with the world of the play in which he finds himself, eager to change it somehow, or to dispute with it. He is an objective or quasi-objective voice that comments on the concerns of the play and comments as though he is somehow above or beyond them.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

WOW! Change the "he" to a "she" and you've just described Lynne or her sidekick Liz. That's incredible.... :yikes:

:smurf:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

- Thomas Jefferson

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

Jim in Indy wrote:I'm still after a 'Men's Health' section... but I'd settle with a smiley with a cane.

granted Jim Image

feel free to use the link to that smiley on my photobucket site (change the ( ) to [ ] brackets around the 'img')
(img)http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/c ... .gif(/img)
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Fire Cakes »

peter wrote:WOW! Change the "he" to a "she" and you've just described Lynne or her sidekick Liz. That's incredible.... :yikes:

Well Peter it certainly takes one to know one. :muhaha: :axe:
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

Jim in Indy
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Jim in Indy »

crash wrote:
Jim in Indy wrote:I'm still after a 'Men's Health' section... but I'd settle with a smiley with a cane.

granted Jim Image

feel free to use the link to that smiley on my photobucket site (change the ( ) to [ ] brackets around the 'img')

I just put my ENSURE & strained prunes thru my nose!!
Indy, all the horsepower you could ever imagine in one place...
Indianapolis 500, MotoGP, 400 at the Brickyard, NHRA US Nationals.

1991 Safari GT, 'B' motor, factory 4.10's. Original Owner !!!

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Jim in Indy wrote:
crash wrote:

granted Jim Image

I just put my ENSURE & strained prunes thru my nose!!

Now Jim.Tell the truth.Come clean bud.

We all know you can still cut a 4.0 light. :poke: :poke:
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Fire Cakes wrote:
peter wrote:WOW! Change the "he" to a "she" and you've just described Lynne or her sidekick Liz. That's incredible.... :yikes:

Didn't we discuss this at NECO 08'? I told you, throwing back the same crap that you just got simply doesn't cut the mustard. Work at it, woman. I'm not gonna do ALL the creative writing for you.... ](*,) ](*,)

:butthead:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

- Thomas Jefferson

Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Fire Cakes »

peter wrote:
Fire Cakes wrote:

Didn't we discuss this at NECO 08'? I told you, throwing back the same crap that you just got simply doesn't cut the mustard. Work at it, woman. I'm not gonna do ALL the creative writing for you.... ](*,) ](*,)

:butthead:
Don't you have some flea bites that need to be scratched or packing that needs to be done so you won't have to beg borrow and steal at NECO 09?
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Now THAT'S much better! :supz:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

- Thomas Jefferson