Looking For Stretched Astro

Major projects, rebuilds and overhauls covering multiple areas

Topic author
VanGeorge
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Looking For Stretched Astro

Post by VanGeorge »

Many months ago I inquired about an Astro limo that had been for sale....then a guy posted a photo of a Stretched Astro (painted Blue and Black) from somewhere in Alabama. The Astro has some logo from an audio shop (I think).
Can anybody put me in touch with the owner of that van? Does anyone know where it is based?
Thanks ahead of time!

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Looking For Stretched Astro

Post by crash »

I believe it was in PA somewhere... it usually pops up on ebay a couple of times a year...
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I was trying to find the pic of the blue stretch I posted a good while back but guess I trashed it. The blue van was in Muscle Shoals, Al. on Woodward Ave. parked beside McDonalds. It was used as a roadside add for audio company one block off Woodward but don't remember the name of audio shop. I'll see if I can get my son to take a ride by there and check it out.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

I checked my pc.. i knew i cleaned out alot of old files like 3 weeks ago... including all the pics of that one.. I hard around 10 pics. sorry, i coulda swore at one point it was listed for sale outta PA too.. LOL
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT

Topic author
VanGeorge
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by VanGeorge »

Rebel, Thanks for the input and I appreciate any help that you can give me to make contact with the owner of the one in Alabama.
Crash, The one I think your are referring to was a stretched Astro limo with white interior and seats and the van has windows. Is my memory correct on that?

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I think the one crash was talking about had been around on Ebay a couple of times. An older lady had it up for sale and think it may have been a two tone charcoal and silver or something like that. This blue one in Al. is a cargo but had window in slider if I remember correctly. Still haven't heard from my son but will give him a call this weekend.
If all else fails, I can get the number of that McDonalds and you can call the Mgr. I'm sure he would know if it was still parked next to their parking lot and give you the name of audio company. I've done way more than this to track down an owner.

Where are you located ?
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

89AstroDan
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by 89AstroDan »

This what your looking for?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/250041
89 Astro Shorty
3.73 G80

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

yeah.. you guyes are correct. the one i was thinking of was grey and black .. with windows #-o
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT

Topic author
VanGeorge
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by VanGeorge »

Rebel, Thank You, Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated!

AstroDan, I have never seen that one but I would like to.

The white or silver "limo" was a great looking ride and I hope I get to see it in person....maybe the new owner will bring it to an event.