Look at this and tell me it;s OK

ANYTHING TO DO WITH MAKING YOUR VAN MOVE EXCEPT FOR THE ENGINE ITSELF.

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Re: Look at this and tell me it;s OK

Post by Moreforles »

get a real spare tire too......
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Post by Moreforles »

It still bothers me that some stupid *(&$^&# engineer thought it would be better to suspend your EMERGENCY spare tire under a vehicle, exposed to lack of access, weather and climate, than to stamp a space into the and keep it inside, where you can lift a hardboard or plastic access panel and check the air pressure from time to time and more importantly when you need it, it will be there not on the road somewhere, behind you or into following traffic who knows when, when the cable rots or you drag it off in a pile of snow or ice (or if you like curb jumpin, they're, among a few of the first things that fly off...) :muhaha:

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Engineers,(they should be lined up agains :peep: t..... sorry not that one, (they should have to own and maintain everything they own... would serve them right.. )
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

Moreforles wrote:than to stamp a space into the and keep it inside, where you can lift a hardboard or plastic access panel and check the air pressure from time to time and more importantly when you need it
Sounds like a cool mod, be sure to document it. Lots of pics. :D
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86