HOT IN TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
superglide57
I am merely driving my van

HOT IN TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!

Post by superglide57 »

I have my van interior all pulled to install new seats and carpet and all my new sound system.
Alpine 9847 cda head unit.
Alpine 6 1/2" components in the dash.
Alpine 6X9" rear doors.
600w cadence 4 channel amp.
jensen 300w amp for the sub.
12" rockford fosgate sub
But I have lived in Texas for all 51 years of my life and today I have come to the conclusion that it is to hot for humans to exsist here. So I will be closing all the doors and windows to Texas and turning the AC up to full blast. They will remained closed until sometime in October. Sorry for any inconvience. ThanksTony

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: HOT IN TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kings-x59 »

10-4 on the heat. If you track the population over the last 100 years, you'll see that it did not start to grow until A/C was invented. :rolleyes:
The humidity doesn't help anything either
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

89AstroDan
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by 89AstroDan »

Maybe you can go up to Alaska and be one of those ice road truckers!
89 Astro Shorty
3.73 G80

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Post by Moreforles »

There is probably something to that, with the heat pumps that started getting popular in the last 20 years or so.... pumping heat from homes and businesses, and might also be connected with the record low temp in the winter time.... and I thought it was me and my inner city temperate rain forest...

Friends of my ours, moved to Texas earlier this year and noticed that hardly any kids are out side until after 4 or 5 in the afternoon... (might mean they are smarter than we are............. Nah, just a coincidence...)
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

When I was a barefoot heathen, we played outside in the summer heat all day every day. We didn't have 24/7 cartoons on cable TV, internet or video games. But you are correct, you don't see many kids out in the middle of the day.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Outside all day down south when I was a kid. Can still hear my Mom calling Laaaaaaaaary,,coooooome Hoooome. Of course she hadn't seen me all day. I was with the neighborhood gang playing baseball or making molotov cocktails till after dark. :muhaha:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
superglide57

Post by superglide57 »

Well I didnt wait until october, But I only worked for an hour or so here and there, and I am down to a tiny bit of wiring in the dash and DONE!!! I ended up with some 8 way power seats from a 2004 Toyota Camry. Way better for me than stock. Got all the audio system in just last bit of wiring left. I will post some pix in a few day when its all done. Tony

Mongke Khan
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Mongke Khan »

My Astro has a cassette player, and I'm debating whether to buy a box of blank audiocassettes and make a bunch of mix tapes from CDs, or go ahead and install a CD player. Would you mind telling how much your sound system set you back?

Summer in San Antonio (Air Force Basic Training) the only time I've ever gotten blisters on my ears from the sun. But the sunrises were prettiest I've ever seen

Topic author
superglide57

Post by superglide57 »

Just the audio stuff, not counting the 2nd battery and isolator, about 900.00 or so with all the wire and connectors and misc junk ya need to hook it all up. Plus tons of time to do it right. I didnt use any of the stock speaker wires or power leads. Everything is much bigger gauge. I will still need to upgrade my sub box and amp, I just used the one I already had . But I am not a big THUMPER so I dont need to much, Iwill see how it sounds once I am finished, but I suspect I may want a bit more bottom end. My Cadence 4 channel amp is an old school zdrive 5000 and I think they stuck me pretty hard when I bought it a few years ago, but it does kick out some extreamly loud and clear Ozzie Also spent a couple bills on carpet and power seats and sound deadning material

Mongke Khan
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Mongke Khan »

Thanks, ancient old dude.

[I'm 56 next month.]

I recall seeing in another thread someone saying after they had installed a nice sound system, they never got around to using it. I seem to spend more time listening for funny noises in the vehicles I've owned, instead of listening to music, anyway.

So I bought some blank cassette tapes today :rock:

Topic author
superglide57

Post by superglide57 »

Well my meager system has gone thru a metamorphasus(sp)
Now it is the same Alpine CDA 9847 head, but it has snowballed into a 200 amp alternator and a surepower battery separator with with an optima yellow top Aux. battery and 1/0 power cable. 2 Alpine MRP F450 Mono amps with 2 Pyle dual coil 15" subs in a large sealed box. My main amp is now an Alpine MRP F 600 4 channel. The sub amps pump 400 watts to each of the 15"s and the 4 channel is 100 per channel to the Alpine main speakers. I am picking up a couple of 2 Farad capacitors tomorrow for the sub amps and I hope that is it!!!. Man I got a bit carried away with this crap. Now my system is worth more than my van. :rolleyes:

midnighthunder89
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by midnighthunder89 »

we got snow today yay
99 sle awd safari
Another addition to cash for clunkers.

Topic author
superglide57

Post by superglide57 »

No snow here, but it did get down to mid 30s last night. woohoo!!