My girl left me out of the blue friday night

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
dj_joker_2002
I finally get the smurf thing

My girl left me out of the blue friday night

Post by dj_joker_2002 »

After 7 great years (except her daughter died) she left and never returned , she even left her other daughter with the grandparents - I think she's having a midlife crisis- we have talked since and she says she loves me and is still in love with me but she can't come back. :toimonster:

skippy
I sleep in my van

Re: My girl left me out of the blue friday night

Post by skippy »

Dude sorry to hear about your drama . but maybe shes going through the "change " or even a medical problem . my wife had sists growing on her thyroid gland that threw her hormones all outa wack . after she was diagnosed (which took forever ) & treated her doctor basicly praised me for sticking with her cuz most women that go through thyroid problem wind up in divorce cuz of all the drama it causes .
either way hang in there , & try to talk with her . communication is the key in any problem .
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Mongke Khan
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Mongke Khan »

drama
I'd argue that communication right now won't get you very far. I recommend heavy drinking.

If she wants to come back to you, and if you want her back, things will have changed, irreparably, it will never be the same as it was, but you'll survive.

Welcome to Life.

91AWDAstro
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by 91AWDAstro »

That sucks. I think there is something going around lately. I feel for you, after 11 years of marriage my wife decided she thinks the grass is greener on the other side. Makes me wonder she's been diagnosed with thyroid problems too.

We're here for you
---------
I don't understand all I know about that.
----------
Chris
91AWD 350
and a bunch of other wrecks...

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

Man Down..we got a man down, boys. Like Chris said, we're here for ya as much as we can be.

No real words of wisdom from me...just that we've all been there to one extent or another, brother...

When the All American girl next door dumped me 15 or so years ago (when she said she wanted her man to wear a suit to work, I found out she didn't mean 3mm neoprene), I listenned to this song over and over again in my car for almost a month straight...nothing else...till the pain was all but drained from my life. Then one day I put in a different song and turned the page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpVWoF57sZg

Edit: Lyrics: http://www.rhapsody.com/bigheadtoddandt ... yrics.html
Last edited by T.Low on Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

uncle-vinny
I am smitten with my van

Post by uncle-vinny »

DJ, I don't know how to help you because I don't know the situation. There can be many issues involved. However, Jesus knows the story. Talk to him and just ask him to give you wisdom and patience. He listens when we talk to him. I will also say a prayer for you and ask him to help you.

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

Man, sorry to hear that. Some events cause people to come unhinged. Some things we cannot fix.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Had one of those years ago,,she headed to Wal-Mart one day, then called her to pick up something,,said she was headed to Va. for a few months,,last I ever heard from her. Thank god and Grayhound she's gone.
It do get better,,,,really.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
dj_joker_2002

Post by dj_joker_2002 »

I think the worst part is I am all alone in this 5 bedroom home I bought for her and her kids. I am lost. May 1st 2007 her daughter died at the age of ten and she never took the time to grieve and now anything new keeps her from doing so. I will get past this but will she ever heal? I am staying totally away from her and not answering her calls. But she has so much stuff still in my home. I can't sell cause the market sucks and I don't want to let it go and ruin my credit either. I don't want to be here alone. so I am stuck.

mattblackratbus

Post by mattblackratbus »

Hey DJ my thoughts and prayers are for you right now, keep strong brother, and as the Rev says find a little time to ask the Lord for help. Things in life don't always make sense and sometimes it's easy to loose track and give up, but you must keep strong, if you need to talk we are all here for you always.......Johnny

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

As johnny , chris & tom have said we're here if you need to talk or vent . the one thing that sets this forum off from different car/van forums is that we're more like an extended family than just a van forum , we're here to help each other in no matter what is effecting our lives . good times or bad , we're here for you .
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Sorry to hear about your heartbreak. It may take some time to heal. But like others here said, everything happens for a reason.
And I have to agree with Uncle Vinny. Talk to Jesus about it. That may sound corny to some, but you can get great comfort & clarity of mind through prayer. Prayer & talking to God has helped me through a lot of life's stuff.
Hang in there... Things will get better.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

skippy wrote:As johnny , chris & tom have said we're here if you need to talk or vent . the one thing that sets this forum off from different car/van forums is that we're more like an extended family than just a van forum , we're here to help each other in no matter what is effecting our lives . good times or bad , we're here for you .

Yeah-I agree with Skippy and all the rest here.In terms of me-my inbox is open 24/7 for pm's.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Topic author
dj_joker_2002

Post by dj_joker_2002 »

I have been meditating, praying, lifting weights and taking 4 to 5 mile walks
I am getting stronger by the day. friends tell me she looks terrible , losing weight, bags under her eyes , not wearing make up etc etc. I thing she is going through the change and her daughters death is pushing that forward.
I also believe one day she will call and want to talk. either way I am getting on with my life, I took on a young couple with a baby as borders and what they pay me is half my morgage so the house is mine.I express my gratitude to all of you and you are all in my prayers for being there. Thank You
Mark

Southern

Post by Southern »

Glad to hear that your making forward progress DJ.
If it fits your lifestyle I would recommend a dog. They love walks and are truly a man's best friend.
Hope things work out for the best. We are here for your support.
92 Astro Conversion Van 2WD
Vin Z Engine
Eaton Posi