I found ya'll......

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

I found ya'll......

Post by SoCalli V8 »

After constant daily zapping of spam over at AS I`m registered here now, but I do feel kinda strange, because I really would have preferred to all band together with Will leading the fight, to get AS organised and spam free.

Maybe that is still a possibility, If he ever shows up.....? who knows?

I just feel sad that we may loose all the valuable technical info in the archives if AS becomes a ghost town full of spammers......

However, I must thank Zam, Justice and everyone else involved with getting this backup board up and rollin` you have done a great job, Well Done guys! =D>

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

v8famvan
I sleep in my van

Re: I found ya'll......

Post by v8famvan »

SoCalli V8 wrote:After constant daily zapping of spam over at AS I`m registered here now, but I do feel kinda strange, because I really would have preferred to all band together with Will leading the fight, to get AS organised and spam free.

I just feel sad that we may loose all the valuable technical info in the archives if AS becomes a ghost town full of spammers......

However, I must thank Zam, Justice and everyone else involved with getting this backup board up and rollin` you have done a great job, Well Done guys! =D>
As per your title, we were not trying to hide, :D

About the A/S site, I think we all would have preferred to fix the site than to have it go the way it has. Back up the (re yours) valuable information here to be archived.

Look quote works here with out errors. \:D/
James from B.C.
1992 Safari - R.I.P.
GM Grand Master Techncian

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

The ideal would be to clean up and improve AS.com, but Will has been silent. I PM'ed him a few days back because the spam was getting out of hand, but have not heard a thing back. I wonder what happened to him?
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

astrogurl
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by astrogurl »

SoCalli V8 wrote:After constant daily zapping of spam over at AS I`m registered here now, but I do feel kinda strange, because I really would have preferred to all band together with Will leading the fight, to get AS organised and spam free.

I am glad to see you made it!

I am totally with you on the first point, this board was created as a backup in case something major happens over at Astrosafari.com, and it has several times in the past months.

As per the technical information, I know e7ats and others have been working hard to try to save as much of the valuable technical stuff as possible (along with credit to the individuals who initially posted it) and place it into stickies at the beginning of the sections. Hope that eases some of your worry.

Topic author
SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

As per the technical information, I know e7ats and others have been working hard to try to save as much of the valuable technical stuff as possible (along with credit to the individuals who initially posted it) and place it into stickies at the beginning of the sections. Hope that eases some of your worry.
I wanna find out how this is done so that I can help out also......

jakepatch
I get chills without my van.

Post by jakepatch »

SoCalli V8 wrote:
I wanna find out how this is done so that I can help out also......
Welcome aboard Darren! First step would be to become a Mod here, which is up to Zam and/or Justice to decide, I think the only section left
without one right now is "anything goes", which does seem kind of fitting for you. :-k Second step is to start copy/paste important info to transfer.
Another route would be to re-write info you have posted you feel would be important to save here as well.
Or, you could ask a current mod about transfering something you feel should be saved. I know as a Mod of the "int/ext" section, I'm open to any suggestions you may have of posts you feel should be saved, just PM me if there's something I can help you with.
It is sad that AS.com is being lost, but at this point I don't think there is much else we can do but to build up this site as best we can and continue from here.
Hope we can make you feel at "home" here.
Hope to be vannin' again someday........

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Welcome to your new home Darren! The more you're here, the better it "fits."
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

Someone
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Someone »

Any info you transfer into my sections I will be sure to sticky :)
'98 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
'89 4Runner SAS'ed, 38.5SX's, Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel
'98 Suburban K2500, Cummins 24Valve, 5spd 4x4
'03 VW Jetta TDI
'78 Vette 350 4spd

www.vehiclefleetsolutions.ca

ASTROJOE LT1
I am merely driving my van

Post by ASTROJOE LT1 »

SoCalli V8 wrote:

Darren , If you do a search of your name (SoCalli V8) on A/S.com you will find out that everthing from 2003 and most of 2004 is already lost.
Joe

89 ASTRO CL Shorty,95 Corvette LT1 Engine,4L60E,

ImageImage

astrogurl

Post by astrogurl »

ASTROJOE LT1 wrote: Darren , If you do a search of your name (SoCalli V8) on A/S.com you will find out that everthing from 2003 and most of 2004 is already lost.
I'm sad to hear that! That really sucks.
I am glad we have started saving some of it. If/when the crash comes we won't have to start over entirely at square one.
03 "Pewter" Astro AWD stock
early 90s Astro currently under the knife

BillHarris

Post by BillHarris »

Whew. I got inactive on AS.com for the last year. I didn't have time or money to do much work on the van since I was working on graduating (from work, that is; some call it re-tirement). When I got back on, things seemed 'different", but AS.com seems to be back to "normal" now.

But it's good to see this parallel board, the more the merrier. =D>
1992 GMC Safari XT, 4.3L TBI with "Z" engine, 88K miles when adopted.

Acquired May 2005: "used but not abused".

Near Jasper, AL

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

BillHarris wrote:Whew. I got inactive on AS.com for the last year. I didn't have time or money to do much work on the van since I was working on graduating (from work, that is; some call it re-tirement). When I got back on, things seemed 'different", but AS.com seems to be back to "normal" now.

But it's good to see this parallel board, the more the merrier. =D>
Bill, A.S went thru a pretty tough stretch for awhile with everything coming to a head in late Sept, we needed a place to go and ASV is the result. Although we have A.S back up and working ( still some problems with chopped posts ) it is basically functioning as a forum should, unfortunately we have lost a ton of good info over there due to several board crashes.

This place is a wee bit slow at the moment, but I have faith that folks will start to check in here more often after the holidays are over, Keith

astrogurl

Post by astrogurl »

Yes, that and once people like me (hey, DL, maybe I'm the dumb one!) realize that they can't post at the old site that is set as astrosafarivans in their toolbar! #-o
03 "Pewter" Astro AWD stock
early 90s Astro currently under the knife