Musicians - show your gear/rig!

Non technical and off-topic discussion

astrosafari
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by astrosafari »

the red is subwoofers and the blue is speakers... theres a few, and some out of the picture.
91 blazer|00 extreme|99 winter beater

PharmAstrocist
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by PharmAstrocist »

I don't use a stack, preferring to mic through the main PA for ultimate mix control. [/img]
Krispy: '90 Astro Cargo Shorty ----------------------Newest Addition: Kremey: Stock '99 Astro LS 8 Passenger, New CD/MP3 w/ 10" Woofer
Lowered
Rimmed
Kitted
Wired for Sound

ImageImageImageImage Krispy&Kremey

PharmAstrocist
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

cutesy video

Post by PharmAstrocist »

Here's a vid my daughter took... I'll have to do a shredding one now to save face though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJHR-In76WA
Krispy: '90 Astro Cargo Shorty ----------------------Newest Addition: Kremey: Stock '99 Astro LS 8 Passenger, New CD/MP3 w/ 10" Woofer
Lowered
Rimmed
Kitted
Wired for Sound

astrogurl

Post by astrogurl »

Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed the music. How old is your daughter? She is pretty good with a camera, interesting shots, and she is a ham. As for the shredding video, find a different person to shoot it. Kids have this knack for upstaging adults.
03 "Pewter" Astro AWD stock
early 90s Astro currently under the knife

PharmAstrocist
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by PharmAstrocist »

Thanks.... THAT daughter is 8... my 9 year old is even hammier lol... only took a month for someone to watch it... gotta love the traffic on this board lol!!!!!!

ANyway, James, if you're out there.... do you have any (1) 7-string you might be willling to part with? I'm in the market for a good deal.
Lowered
Rimmed
Kitted
Wired for Sound

astrogurl

Post by astrogurl »

PharmAstrocist wrote:Thanks.... THAT daughter is 8... my 9 year old is even hammier lol... only took a month for someone to watch it... gotta love the traffic on this board lol!!!!!!
Don't worry, it is me...I've been going to the old locked board and checking....never noticed it was locked... #-o

Oh yeah, and PJ didn't bother telling me either, but then I don't think he noticed. lol.

Wow, two girls...is the dog a girl too? Do you have moments of being overwhelmed by estrogen like my father always complained about? OK all, sorry for the thread hijack....
03 "Pewter" Astro AWD stock
early 90s Astro currently under the knife

e7ats

Post by e7ats »

I knew, I thought you knew, ya know? :rolleyes:
2003 AWD ASTRO Personal van

Topic author
justice
I sleep in my van

Post by justice »

Bumping an old thread, lol but i recently added a couple of jazz basses to my arsenal...

First the Squire Vintage Modified Fretless jazz bass...quite possibly the best sub $500 fretless on the market, maybe the best sub $1000 fretless... Squier hit a home run with this one.

And then my semi custom SX jazz bass, bought as a standard black jazz bass with maple fretboard and swapped out the neck for the one with the block inlays and a chrome/mirror pickguard.

And currently I have a small bass practice amp for sale if anyone is looking for one.
I have a ban hammer and I ain't fraid to use it!

Current - 2004 Astro Cargo

Former
95 Safari (money pit - sold)
93 Astro Cargo (totaled)
85 Astro - (Bought for parts and scrapped)
92 Astro Conversion (sold)
87 Safari Shorty (sold)

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Musicians - show your gear/rig!

Post by trybe13 »

I gave away all of my equipment for Christmas except 1 Alvarez acoustic, my Peavey Generation electric, my Crate acoustic amp, my Digitech GenetX 3, a Marshall halfstack a keyboard and my recording gear. My wife was thrilled to get part of her house back and we don't have an uncalled for storage charge every month. Man, it was a real blessing to be able to give that equipment to good homes and encourage a few youngsters to pursue their dreams. :supz:
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

Trybe,
Years ago I did one show with Striper and they proved music can send a msg to young people.Lord only knows these days we more of that.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

astronut74
I sleep in my van

Post by astronut74 »

garysgifts wrote:Years ago I did one show with Striper and they proved music can send a msg to young people.
Wow! Stryper! That was the first cassette I ever bought. I think it was called "To hell with the devil" I played it so much, it just plain wore out, could barely make out the music, much less the words...

On a different note, maybe some of you could point myself (and my son) in the right direction. For Christmas 2006, My son got a drum set for Christmas, pictured below, and for the last year, he has just been playing on it (no instuction, just banging away). I've felt that he was not disciplined enough for formal instruction. And lately he has started to show more interest (at least I think so) in drumming. For instance when we are driving in the car, he will "air drum" to the music. So I'm wondering should I spend money on lessons, or is it still too early? Keep in mind, he just turned 4, I myself, have no clue how to play music, so I don't know the best thing for him. Sure I've seen some amazing talent from kids on you tube and such, but I don't wan't him to feel pressured into it. I wan't the drums to be a positive experience for him.
And here he is banging away..
He is still a little to short I think. He has to lean off the stool in order to work the foot pedals...
And as you can tell in the picture, I had no clue of the "proper" way to set up the drum set. I have since changed it around so it works better for him.
Steve O

94 2WD Astro EXT
179,000 miles and counting
Going from an 8 seater to a 4 seater

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Personally, I think 4 may be too young to pay for lessons. It really depends on his attention span and how well he follows directions. Most 4 yo's I've met don't do well with either.
I say let him continue to pound on them on his own for now. Natural talent can't be taught. It only needs development. So when he is a little older that would probably be the time to look into paying for lessons.
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13